• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which DC Copper stories you consider the best (and why)?

21 posts in this topic

Equal time and all :banana:

I'll start off with the Giffen/DeMatteis/Maguire Justice League series. And then later Adam Hughes art

Just a fun, fun comic all the way around. One of the most entertaining of the 80's. Can't recommend it enough.

There was that one... no wait.. What about.. no, that was a Marvel title. Hmm..

:baiting:

I tease, I tease. Actually the best storyline I remember reading in the early 90's was the Death of Superman. Right up to issue #75. Everything after that was just .

Well, Watchmen is pretty danged good. lol.

Isn't Crisis on Infinite Earths considered Copper. I mean, that's a genre defining story (whether you like it or not...and I do)

The Outsiders run with Alan Davis is suprisingly good. I love the Baron bedlam/ressurected Hitler Story.

Howsabouts Batman :Year One?

I have read some Mike W. Barr Detective Comics which were awesomely nice. They seemed like… Marvel stories. lol

If "Cosmic Odyssey" still falls into Copper I would add it, although I did not like it excessively it nicely wrapped up the Fourth World mythology, which is the only one I am truly familiar with as a non-DC reader. ;)

New Teen Titans and Swamp Thing

Saga of Swamp Thing 1-19, not so much. 20-80 (+), yummy!

New Teen Titans 1980 series up to the early Tales of the Teen Titans are favorites. The second series seemed to lose creative steam.

- Legion of Super-Heroes 'The Great Darkness Saga' by Levitz

- The Shadow by Helfer

- Hawkworld by Truman

- Animal Man by Morrison

Anything Alan Moore - Watchmen, V fior Vendetta, Swamp Thing (all some of the best comics ever)

Dark Knight Returns

Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow

Sandman

Anything Alan Moore - Watchmen, V fior Vendetta, Swamp Thing (all some of the best comics ever)

Dark Knight Returns

Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow

Sandman

All o' these... and Hellblazer!!! Series runs well past copper, obviously, but #1 was in January of '88 and those first couple of dozen issues are still as righteous as anything else from the era.