• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

No one seemed to stop when similar requests were made to hold off on ASM2 but that's a Sony property and not a precious Marvel movie

Precious,my precious....

Only one of those movies had Mech-Rhino in it.

Did they really need the Avengers to stop that alien invasion? Regular bullets worked great on em and some F 16's would have smoked their air force

No one seemed to stop when similar requests were made to hold off on ASM2 but that's a Sony property and not a precious Marvel movie

Precious,my precious....

Only one of those movies had Mech-Rhino in it.
he was on screen for less than 5 minutes. Let's not derail this thread, Kav seems to be doing a nice job lol

Saw the trailer, looks like the crappest film ever.

This is my concern-the trailers show the best parts of a movie-hell from the trailer GL looks good

so....

Saw the trailer, looks like the crappest film ever.

This is my concern-the trailers show the best parts of a movie-hell from the trailer GL looks good

so....

Don't worry - it will look great on the computer screen.

I'm not concerned with how it looks-my only concern with movies is plot-and characterization

I'm not concerned with how it looks-my only concern with movies is plot-and characterization

Guy finds treasure - guy loses treasure - guy gets girl - guy loses girl - girl gets treasure - explosions - fights - music - jokes - surprise ending.

Guy finds treasure - guy loses treasure - guy gets girl - guy loses girl - girl gets treasure - explosions - fights - music - jokes - surprise ending.

Yup

Plot coupons....

is Marvel putting out a new trailer every day because they are, like Sony w/ ASM2, in desperation mode or because GOTG isn't a known commodity and needs to be marketed to death?

The latter. Even recently (about 8-10 TV spots back), Marvel started pumping the message "This is from the studio that brought you Iron Man, Thor, etc." which to me is a wise move.

Especially when potential non-comic viewers see a gun-toting raccoon. Now they will realize this is from a studio you can trust in they know what they are doing. No more 'The Incredible Hulk' blunders here!

:cloud9:

is Marvel putting out a new trailer every day because they are, like Sony w/ ASM2, in desperation mode or because GOTG isn't a known commodity and needs to be marketed to death?

The latter. Even recently (about 8-10 TV spots back), Marvel starting pumping the message "This is from the studio that brought you Iron Man, Thor, etc." which to me is a wise move.

Especially when potential non-comic viewers see a gun-toting raccoon. Now they will realize this is from a studio you can trust in they know what they are doing. No more 'The Incredible Hulk' blunders here!

:cloud9:

Yep. The early box office tracking numbers have it coming in at a solid number, and if they think they have a winner from a critical standpoint, the studio isn't going to feel it's a front-loaded film that will need to do most of its box office before any bad WOM goes around (which is when you'd likely see a heavy pre-release media blitz to get as big an opening weekend as possible).

FWIW, the embargo on critic reviews by those who've seen the film will apparently be lifted on July 24.

Guardians Of The Galaxy’s James Gunn Talks About Fan Outrage Over No Shark Fin On Yondu

-------------------------------

Gunn then talked about Michael Rooker, who was on The Walking Dead, in Gunn’s previous movies, and plays a role in Guardians of the Galaxy.

“He plays a character names Yondu, who has this power he can whistle and he has his arrow,” explained Gunn. “But in the comic books, he has a big, huge, red shark fin on his head, and he wears like a toga. And he looks a little silly to me. And so I have this sort of metal fin implanted into his head, it’s very short, it’s a very cool little Mohawk thing, and he’s a lot different than he is in the comic books. And for some reason that f***ing fin is the thing that people have gotten the most upset about…that they want Michael Rooker to have a big huge fin.”

I haven't read of any concern with Yondu's head-fin being short anywhere I happened across GotG articles. Not even in the comments sections.

(shrug)

Guardians Of The Galaxy’s James Gunn Talks About Fan Outrage Over No Shark Fin On Yondu

Gunn then talked about Michael Rooker, who was on The Walking Dead, in Gunn’s previous movies, and plays a role in Guardians of the Galaxy.

“He plays a character names Yondu, who has this power he can whistle and he has his arrow,” explained Gunn. “But in the comic books, he has a big, huge, red shark fin on his head, and he wears like a toga. And he looks a little silly to me. And so I have this sort of metal fin implanted into his head, it’s very short, it’s a very cool little Mohawk thing, and he’s a lot different than he is in the comic books. And for some reason that f***ing fin is the thing that people have gotten the most upset about…that they want Michael Rooker to have a big huge fin.”

I haven't read of any concern with Yondu's head-fin being short anywhere I happened across GotG articles. Not even in the comments sections.

(shrug)

Wait until Casey finds out :whistle: