• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

That is NOT good news.

What's not good news? That they are making a Guardians of the Galaxy movie? I agree. :grin:

Gotta love all of the new GOTG fan boys. This movies is going to suck, the characters suck, and the comics series sucks.

That is NOT good news.

What's not good news? That they are making a Guardians of the Galaxy movie? I agree. :grin:

Gotta love all of the new GOTG fan boys. This movies is going to suck, the characters suck, and the comics series sucks.

Which ones have you read?

That is NOT good news.

The movie is going to suck, the characters suck, and the comics series sucks.

This.

That is NOT good news.

You sound like a GREEN LANTERN fan who has sour grapes that Marvel will do a better space saga movie then DC did. :baiting:

I guarantee the Guardians of the Galaxy movie will smoke the Green Lantern movie at the box office,and I mean toast Green Lantern by double the box office!

:)

That is NOT good news.

Which ones have you read?

:popcorn:

I can't tell if the 'haters' here are being real or serious...Seems like a lot of typical fanboy hate for a movie that has not even started filming yet...

The stuff by DnA was very solid cosmic adventure. After what they did with Annihilation event, I followed Nova (not the current one by Loeb) and GotG series (not the latests Bendis series and won't be) and those were solid reads. If they incorporate THAT version, this movie stands a good chance and also kudo's for Marvel for having the guts to make a movie of complete unknowns.

As for the wrestler/MMA guy playing Drax, well Drax is not exactly a 'Shakespearean' character. Drax needs to look tough and powerful...What do you want an actor to play a physical role...Like Paul Giamatti playing Rhino??? While I don't agree with THAT one, I will at least wait until I see how it is on screen before judging.

That is NOT good news.

This.

The 2008 series, the one they are using as the base for the movie, was one of the best Marvel produced at the time. Clever, sarcastic, plenty of self-deprecating humor. It got a lot of positive reviews even here on the boards.

And I agree with Drax not needing a great actor. His 2008 incarnation was not the most thoughtful person and grunting and yelling is he mostly did. I've never seen Bautista act but he's got the physique and maybe even the IQ to pull it off.

That is NOT good news.

This.

The 2008 series, the one they are using as the base for the movie, was one of the best Marvel produced at the time. Clever, sarcastic, plenty of self-deprecating humor. It got a lot of positive reviews even here on the boards.

And I agree with Drax not needing a great actor. His 2008 incarnation was not the most thoughtful person and grunting and yelling is he mostly did. I've never seen Bautista act but he's got the physique and maybe even the IQ to pull it off.

This.