• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

I'm not concerned with how it looks-my only concern with movies is plot-and characterization

Guy finds treasure - guy loses treasure - guy gets girl - guy loses girl - girl gets treasure - explosions - fights - music - jokes - surprise ending.

Indiana Jones?

I'm not concerned with how it looks-my only concern with movies is plot-and characterization

Guy finds treasure - guy loses treasure - guy gets girl - guy loses girl - girl gets treasure - explosions - fights - music - jokes - surprise ending.

Indiana Jones?

:applause:

Indiana Jones?

;)

Guardians Of The Galaxy’s James Gunn Talks About Fan Outrage Over No Shark Fin On Yondu

-------------------------------

Gunn then talked about Michael Rooker, who was on The Walking Dead, in Gunn’s previous movies, and plays a role in Guardians of the Galaxy.

“He plays a character names Yondu, who has this power he can whistle and he has his arrow,” explained Gunn. “But in the comic books, he has a big, huge, red shark fin on his head, and he wears like a toga. And he looks a little silly to me. And so I have this sort of metal fin implanted into his head, it’s very short, it’s a very cool little Mohawk thing, and he’s a lot different than he is in the comic books. And for some reason that f***ing fin is the thing that people have gotten the most upset about…that they want Michael Rooker to have a big huge fin.”

-------------------------------

I haven't read of any concern with Yondu's head-fin being short anywhere I happened across GotG articles. Not even in the comments sections.

(shrug)

Wait until Casey finds out :whistle:

:roflmao:

The Twitter reaction so far has been extremely positive. More than a couple online critics have called it the best Marvel movie yet.

Is this from previews of the movie?

I can see that happening. This is so different than the other superhero/comic book releases, it may be perfect timing for this movie to come out before something like it comes out.

And when it succeeds, it will open many new doors to other characters and series.

First Impressions Of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

------------------------

ComicBookMovie.com: Just finished watching Guardians of the Galaxy. Watch out Avengers, there's a new posse in town!

Germain Lussier: Marvel’s @Guardians is magnificent. Hilarious, touching, action packed, I don’t think I could’ve liked it more. @JamesGunn killed it. Wow.

Devin Faraci: Groot is the new star of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Eric Eisenberg: Guardians of the Galaxy is a ridiculous fun ride. Hilarious, action packed, and a great ensemble. Totally loved it.

------------------------

:applause::whee::applause::whee:

:bump:

The Twitter reaction so far has been extremely positive. More than a couple online critics have called it the best Marvel movie yet.

Yeah, there was a screening the other night. I somehow skipped page 164 of this thread and didn't realize that Bosco685 already linked to an article about it. Oops. I like to flaunt my obliviousness whenever possible. :-)

Yeah, there was a screening the other night. I somehow skipped page 164 of this thread and didn't realize that Bosco685 already linked to an article about it. Oops. I like to flaunt my obliviousness whenever possible. :-)

There is feedback coming from a few sources that have viewed this movie. So bumping that was not meant to point out your missing that post. It was to reinforce the message there is plenty of positive coming from these events.

:foryou:

There is feedback coming from a few sources that have viewed this movie. So bumping that was not meant to point out your missing that post. It was to reinforce the message there is plenty of positive coming from these events.

:foryou:

Thanks. :)

It certainly is encouraging news so far.

I read that Marvel is planning GOTG 2 for 2019 release. Is that confirmed yet?

It is rumored to be one of the five movies that is going to be announced at SDCC. But nothing 100% confirmed yet.

Like was shared by James Gunn, all eyes are on how the box office reacts to the first movie.

The early tracking numbers for the film are putting it opening somewhere around the $60 million mark, with some tracking sites as high as the $70 million mark.

Updated tracking info is looking even better, as the movie is looking at a possible $68-70 million, with some now saying that an opening approaching $80 million would not be out of the question. If it can reach $69.2 million, then it will be the biggest August opening film of all-time.

http://m.deadline.com/2014/07/guardians-of-the-galaxy-summer-box-office-boost/

With the box office currently bereft of anything big (other than Apes), it feels like the movie-going populace is waiting for something to spend their money on -- is that going to be Guardians?

For reference, an opening of $68 million -- on what's looking like the low end of the tracking numbers -- would have Guardians beating the 1st Captain America and Thor movies, as well as Sony's 1st Amazing Spider-Man reboot film. That a property that was (and is) relatively unknown in mainstream circles could possibly outshine Marvel's "flagship character" in itself is pretty amazing if it happens.

The early tracking numbers for the film are putting it opening somewhere around the $60 million mark, with some tracking sites as high as the $70 million mark.

Updated tracking info is looking even better, as the movie is looking at a possible $68-70 million, with some now saying that an opening approaching $80 million would not be out of the question. If it can reach $69.2 million, then it will be the biggest August opening film of all-time.

http://m.deadline.com/2014/07/guardians-of-the-galaxy-summer-box-office-boost/

With the box office currently bereft of anything big (other than Apes), it feels like the movie-going populace is waiting for something to spend their money on -- is that going to be Guardians?

For reference, an opening of $68 million -- on what's looking like the low end of the tracking numbers -- would have Guardians beating the 1st Captain America and Thor movies, as well as Sony's 1st Amazing Spider-Man reboot film. That a property that was (and is) relatively unknown in mainstream circles could possibly outshine Marvel's "flagship character" in itself is pretty amazing if it happens.

this has been the case the entire summer. i think this movie will definitely surprise to the upside if reviews are decent. it's potentially something fresh as opposed to Transformers #86, X-men #19, etc.