• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The time has come...

143 posts in this topic

What I respect here are the boardies that will either request a larger scan or ask pertient questions about a book and a grade I give it even if I put a grade, description of defects and large scan. I dont every grade higher then NM+ because I am not arrogant enough to think I can call a book 9.8 raw. Unlike others I am the opposite I sell 98% raw and I do that by choice. There are all types of reason, but honestly because its much easier.

I am have limited my amount of involvement over the last few months here because I dont like the trend I see in the modern thread. I think several other long time members would agree. New members see all this money for books being sold.

My feedback page I think is buried like 12 deep somewhere, but I have no fear of selling here.

What new boardies dont understand is the long term feedback, community and helpfulness many of us do. We(I included) generate auctions, donate time and money when boardies are in trouble, and even help out widows of board members when they pass away. All that is lossed on new members. It took me years to discover all this and respect it much more. All they see is the flip.

I've learned a lot more about grading since joining the boards. Reading what others are going through has really helped me refine my process and I am better able to describe any possible defects in my ebay sales. There is a knowledgable group of people here on the boards willing to share what they have learned and for that

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

Over the years I have been on these boards the main lesson I have learnt is only buy from those board members that you trust.

In fact I check the sales thread and scan the sellers rather than the titles.

Over the years I have been on these boards the main lesson I have learnt is only buy from those board members that you trust.

In fact I check the sales thread and scan the sellers rather than the titles.

Haha, yep, that's what I do too.

I haven't picked the perfect avatar yet..maybe some day

They are like buying a new pair of jeans.

You've got to try on a few and see how they feel before you find one that fits you perfectly and doesn't make you look like a doosh.

mildly related follow up:

I have been lurking on these boards since the mid 2000s, but only posted in the last year. One thing I think is important to say whenever the "new people" type threads and posts come up, respect is earned. That's my point of view anyway. Even on boards where I am an old school poster.

There are people here posting for 10 years, with 20,000 posts, and 99.9999999% of their posts are just chatting and being obnoxious in Comics General.

Then you look at someone like a " ItsJustRyan", who has a newer "registered" date, but is knowledgeable, polite to everyone, and hits lots of 9.9s to boot. A+ in all the ways that matter in terms of respect on here.

I'd take 1 Ryan, over 50 Comics General, high-post, trash talking n00bs. I do think its good to educate new people in the ways of the board, and experience does matter. But ultimately, respect is earned by deeds and words, not register dates or post counts.

disclaimer, not referring to anyone in this thread, i've had a bad run lately of people misinterpreting my posts to being about them. Just saying, in "general"

Well said. Not to keep fueling Ryan's ego but he gets it. (thumbs u

Not all noobs are created equal. There are a few new members who get it. Easy to tell in their post and sales threads IMO.

Much respect for the Veteran board members who give us new guys a chance and help us learn. (worship)

You've got to try on a few and see how they feel before you find one that fits you perfectly and doesn't make you look like a doosh.

< ----- hm

I haven't picked the perfect avatar yet..maybe some day

They are like buying a new pair of jeans.

:(

CGC guarantee: if I grade a book a 9.4, and you want to have it graded, I will send it in for you. If it comes back two or more "grade levels" off (in this case, 9.4 to 9.0), I will refund you the difference of GPA at the time of the sale. Can't get any better than that.

:gossip:

:whistle: