• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your favorite "Damsel In Distress" cover

60 posts in this topic

Possibly my favorite comic book cover of all-time!

DB - one of mine as well. It 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif me very much that my copy (a nice Fine bought back in the 80's) went the way of my GA when I knew I would not collect again. grin.gif

I actually HAD that book in mind when I posted that Weird Mysteries 11 somewhere up there.

You know, I love those jungle themed damsel in distress covers, but don't forget about those moderns. Here's a great Greg Horn cover with a rattler getting a little too close to a passed out Elektra. I usually don't buy moderns but how could I pass up this one? 579251-Elektra.jpg

579251-Elektra.jpg.410050fc3ebc8f50c7ac0875a4d8305b.jpg

I LOVE Fiction House

Have to say, FD, with the exception of Planet, Fiction House books are bargains. Mighty stimulating covers and, if you like to REA COMICS - tons of text - sometimes a bot too MUCH text! But text nontheless! thumbsup2.gif

Oh - and a Jumbo here to help round things out.

jumbo145.jpg

I have many more Fiction House books, I need to scan more. The prices are rising, unfortunately, on the bondage covers, as more and more people realize just how cool they are.

rangers25.jpg

#1 on my wantlist.

I have many more Fiction House books, I need to scan more. The prices are rising, unfortunately, on the bondage covers, as more and more people realize just how cool they are. Does anybody have a scan of Rangers 25? Mrs. Donut wants me to get that book!

You should scan and dump to cd or dvd and put them in a safe deposit box in case it is ever needed for insurance purposes!

I have many more Fiction House books, I need to scan more. The prices are rising, unfortunately, on the bondage covers, as more and more people realize just how cool they are. Does anybody have a scan of Rangers 25? Mrs. Donut wants me to get that book!

You should scan and dump to cd or dvd and put them in a safe deposit box in case it is ever needed for insurance purposes!

Tell me about it. I really need to do that. Once I get the new scanner, maybe I will.

Tell me about it. I really need to do that. Once I get the new scanner, maybe I will.

Maybe? MAYBE? Do it FD. It will be fun to record the books and when it is done - dang! You will breath easy! thumbsup2.gif

I have many more Fiction House books, I need to scan more. The prices are rising, unfortunately, on the bondage covers, as more and more people realize just how cool they are.

rangers25.jpg

#1 on my wantlist.

You got a Rangers 14 you can post? Had one in the late 80's but you kow the story - long gone. An amazing cover!

Possibly my favorite comic book cover of all-time!

DB - one of mine as well. It 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif me very much that my copy (a nice Fine bought back in the 80's) went the way of my GA when I knew I would not collect again. grin.gif

I actually HAD that book in mind when I posted that Weird Mysteries 11 somewhere up there.

The bright colors, airbrush touches, campy 50's cartoonish logo, Futurama prototype robot, and the ubiquitous Schomburg blonde damsel-in-distress all make this one of the all-time classics.

I keep my eyes open for an upgrade to this book as it does pop up on ebay occasionally, and in fact a 4.5 just sold for $800 (although it was a dingy 4.5 if I recall). My copy has a big ole spine tear and siamese page damage, but the color is very nice so I'm content for now!

Of course there's always the 9.4 on ComicLink! rolleyes.gif