• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Perils of Media Mail

56 posts in this topic

On this one it wasn't even in transit THAT long. It took me 5 or so days to select the books and pack them and then I shipped. A week or so later the box is returned. I take a few days to repack, add some extra books due to the screw up and then I ship. At this point it has been only 17 days since payment. Later that day he files with ebay. 4 days later they find in his favor. So, three weeks.

Seems PP is more 'legit' than ever, if they can refer to a collection agency over such things as this...

It almost makes me want to get a $2-3 charge from them and see if I get "threatening letters' over it. *lol*

-slym

Sucks this happen to you OP but the lesson here is not to use Media Mail.

Comics with ads go against what is allowed for Media Mail and it is hard to feel bad when something goes wrong with a comic shipment going out Media Mail.

As a buyer I would rather pay to get the item shipped quickly and correctly than rely on Media Mail that does get randomly opened up and searched then have the item end up being delivered to me with additional postage required.

I've had priority take 2-4 weeks and 1st class take the same. What is killing me is that tracking is now sometimes not showing up at all for 4-7 days on any package. I think with personnel.cuts they are scanning less and later.

So let me understand this.

You mis-taped the label so the books came back to you?

You said it took longer then you thought to send back out?

The media part of this discussion is very minor. I get books shipped to me every week or so media no issues. All I ask is they are packed well. Now granted if it was a high dollar book it would be different. I am sure the weight of this box also played a factor. If it would have shipped on the first round it probably would have been fine.

What really adds salt in the wound is that after the books got sent back to me from the p.o. due to the scanner problem, which was my fault, I told the guy what had happened and that I would add books to the lot to make up for it so I added about $200+ books in guide to the box and now I'm still getting the clusterphuck.

What really adds salt in the wound is that after the books got sent back to me from the p.o. due to the scanner problem, which was my fault, I told the guy what had happened and that I would add books to the lot to make up for it so I added about $200+ books in guide to the box and now I'm still getting the clusterphuck.
Very generous of you, to say the least. Hopefully this guy will stand up and do the right thing.

The media part of this discussion is very minor. I get books shipped to me every week or so media no issues. All I ask is they are packed well. Now granted if it was a high dollar book it would be different. I am sure the weight of this box also played a factor. If it would have shipped on the first round it probably would have been fine.

Media is part of the equation. I think my post office would have gotten the books returned to me faster if it wasn't media. And if it wasn't media the books would have bbeen delivred by Friday on a Tuesday mailing given that I am 10 miles from this guy so ebay would have seen it was delivered before they zapped me on saturday. I sent him a package earlier which also took forever because even though we are both in nyc it was routed through maryland, which I think is where this guy first started getting psychpathic thoughts about me.

Very generous of you, to say the least. Hopefully this guy will stand up and do the right thing.

No doubt he will claim they are all doo doo and not worth more than $3.50.

Media is part of the equation. I think my post office would have gotten the books returned to me faster if it wasn't media. And if it wasn't media the books would have bbeen delivred by Friday on a Tuesday mailing given that I am 10 miles from this guy so ebay would have seen it was delivered before they zapped me on saturday. I sent him a package earlier which also took forever because even though we are both in nyc it was routed through maryland, which I think is where this guy first started getting psychpathic thoughts about me.

10 miles from you? I would have drove them to his home. Gas for 20 mile round trip would be a lot cheaper than the $16 you spent shipping. And you would have been done with this in half an hour, without having to give away an extra $200 in comics.

Wait... you are both in NYC? Why not meet up somewhere? Heck, I have bought stuff from craigslist (furniture & the like) and met people inside the subway stations so one or the other of us doesn't have to pay another $2.25 fare.

-slym

10 miles from you? I would have drove them to his home. Gas for 20 mile round trip would be a lot cheaper than the $16 you spent shipping. And you would have been done with this in half an hour, without having to give away an extra $200 in comics.

Well, maybe not a half-hour... we are talking NYC after all.

:P

-slym

Well maybe the guy will out and give you the money back now that he has his books.

If not out him on the boards so we can block him.

We shall see, which is why I am not outing him. He sent an ambiguous email indicating h he wasn't planning on keeping the books and the money, but I can read it as saying he might send me what he thinks is fair, not what they cost, so we will find out.

Actually, I am really more annoyed with ebay jumping the gun with an item in transit. The guy is free to complain I suppose even though he jumped the gun a bit. Of course, my listing did say I am a slow shipper, but whatever

Well, maybe not a half-hour... we are talking NYC after all.

:P

-slym

How do I get delivery confirmation on that?

If you live in NY, it may not be cheaper once you factor in tolls, time and gas. Getting from one place to another can be challenging here. Frankly, if he did deliver them, the buyer could now state he never received the package as there would be no proof of deliver. So that would be a bad suggestion.

Well maybe the guy will out and give you the money back now that he has his books.

If not out him on the boards so we can block him.

We shall see, which is why I am not outing him. He sent an ambiguous email indicating h he wasn't planning on keeping the books and the money, but I can read it as saying he might send me what he thinks is fair, not what they cost, so we will find out.

Actually, I am really more annoyed with ebay jumping the gun with an item in transit. The guy is free to complain I suppose even though he jumped the gun a bit. Of course, my listing did say I am a slow shipper, but whatever

Ebay plain sukks.

Blob, I do feel for you. Media mail does take longer when the package is heavy. I had a stack of first class envelopes I forgot to put stamps on and the post office took about 3 weeks to return those. It is very low priority for them. I believe that ebay/paypal will refund you once the package is delivered. It is frustrating to wait though.

As for the scanning, my post office now states that DC is called tracking. So when I questioned the manager, he mentioned that they should be scanned at certain points during the destination. I told him that does happen and in fact I now wait in line for all my packages to get scanned in even though they are prepaid.

Good luck.

Frankly, if he did deliver them, the buyer could now state he never received the package as there would be no proof of deliver.

You mean like the buyer has already done even though he shipped them with DC?

If so, knowing where he lived, I'd lie in wait one day and beat the mess out of him. But that's just me. :devil: