• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CONNECTICUT LOCALS: Huge lot of high grade comics for sale...SOLD!!

23 posts in this topic

:news:

SOLD AND DELIVERED!

Hello local CT comic collectors,

I find myself needing to move soon and having WAY too many comics to bring with (or so my wife says).

I'm looking to find someone to come by and take these off my hands at a very reasonable (and even highly-favorable to the buyer) price all at one go. I'm going to Craigslist them soon, but wanted to give my friends here on the boards first crack.

I should start off by saying that while some of what I'm selling is mid-grade material, the vast majority is HIGH-GRADE. I bought a massive lot of books from what I term a "power-slabber" who collects only 9.6 and above. He would send hundreds of books at a time to the CGC, and have them pre-screened for 9.6 or higher. Anything below that got returned. In the vast majority of the books, they are between 9.2-9.4 for the newer books (1990-2000), and 8.5-9.0 for older 1970-1980). Sorry, no silver-age books, but very close in some cases. Again, most are super high-grade and perfect (about 95%) Almost all are newly bagged as well. Sorry, I don't have a full count, but it is easily over 2000 books. (more like 2500) There are a lot of higher value books, and multiples of them in some cases. I just don't have time to sell them all individually. My loss is your gain. I've got something like 15+ short boxes (or more) full. This is not your typical junky collection of CL long boxes. I wouldn't be selling them if we weren't moving from a house to a small apartment in a large city. There are also a few short boxes of lower grade but interesting material. No time to go through it, so the search is yours.

Again, I'm looking to sell these in one go, and for one low price. My starting price is $900 for EVERYTHING. This works out to be .45/book. You simply can't beat that price. (I spent over $300 just bagging and boarding them!)

I would love to set up a time for you to come by and look at them, make me an offer, and cart them off. Please make sure you have enough room in your car/truck for many, many boxes. (if you don't, we can work out a delivery) My subaru outback (with the back seat folded down) was just big enough to get them to my home.

Titles include: (but are not limited to)

*Avengers v1 (#240 and up)

*Avengers v3 (#1 and up)

*Captain America v1 (#187 and up)

Captain America v2 (#1)

*Captain America v3 (#1 and up)

*Daredevil v1 (200 & up)

*Defenders (#45 and up)

Doctor Strange v2 (#31 & up, with some single digits too)

*Fantastic Four v1 (#125 & up)

*Fantastic Four v3 (#2 and up)

*Fantastic Four: Ultimate: (11 & up)

*Hulk v1 (#288 and up)

*Iron Man v1 (#150 and up, with many double digits too)

Iron Man v2 (#1)

*Iron Man v3 (#1 and up)

*Iron Man v4 (#11 and up)

*Iron Man: Ultimate (full run)

Marvel Team-up (#81 and up, but there are many 20's and 30's in there)

Punisher (#3 and up)

Thor (370 and up, but there are many early 200's in there)

Ultimate Series (Nightmare, Power, Human, X-Men, Iron Man, & Fantastic Four)

*Uncanny X-men (#210 and up)

*Wolverine (#3 and up)

+ Many, many more.....

* Titles that have the highest book count.

Also: please note that while there are indeed many runs in each title, the starting issue number doesn't indicate that implicitly, only where the bulk of the issues start. In most cases, there are many before or after the start number listed - I just didn't want to give in the impression that the issues started in earnest before the ones I stated. In many cases, there are doubles and triples of a given

There's nothing here that's worth my wild for me to drive into Middletown and fork over $900 for 2000 books that I can get in a quarter box at a convention, not trying to be a jerk, just being honest.

agreed.

if you have any keys you might wanna show em, cause it's not a great day when Black Goliath is the only books that really stand out in a list. just sayin.

Hey guys, while I appreciate your need to let me know you are not interested in what I'm selling, I would just as soon you not comment at all. You may not be trying to act like a jerk, but in fact you are achieving that feat rather deftly. While I'm certainly willing to entertain offers (even unreasonable ones), I don't think negative comments are ever appropriate in someone's sales threads.

For those of you serious about my sale, please don't hesitate to ask me questions here or PM me. My price is just a starting point. These are excellent books, you won't be disappointed. As I catalog the books I'll list some of the numbers and keys.

P.S. tinynascarfan: I'm not sure you'll want to make the 800 mile trip to my house, but if you do I'll throw in the Black Goliath's for free.

Soft Serve is right fellas... this is a good value for someone starting out.

Plus just one book that was brought up here.... Black Goliath #1 in CGC 9.6... sold in Sept 2012 for $75... that's almost 10% of the guys asking price alone for one book. There is value in everything to someone fellas.

Rupp just helping with a positive spin... rock on Soft Serve, GLWTS sir.

Hey, if it doesn't work out to sell them here, you can buy a table at the Plainville VFW for about $30 and sell them there on Sunday, March 24th. It's a good, well-attended show and you'd probably be able to do better than Craigslist. Plus, Middletown would only be about a 30 minute drive, so not too unreasonable.

Hey, if it doesn't work out to sell them here, you can buy a table at the Plainville VFW for about $30 and sell them there on Sunday, March 24th. It's a good, well-attended show and you'd probably be able to do better than Craigslist. Plus, Middletown would only be about a 30 minute drive, so not too unreasonable.

Isn't it tough to get a table at that show in the first place?

Hey guys, while I appreciate your need to let me know you are not interested in what I'm selling, I would just as soon you not comment at all. You may not be trying to act like a jerk, but in fact you are achieving that feat rather deftly. While I'm certainly willing to entertain offers (even unreasonable ones), I don't think negative comments are ever appropriate in someone's sales threads.

For those of you serious about my sale, please don't hesitate to ask me questions here or PM me. My price is just a starting point. These are excellent books, you won't be disappointed. As I catalog the books I'll list some of the numbers and keys.

P.S. tinynascarfan: I'm not sure you'll want to make the 800 mile trip to my house, but if you do I'll throw in the Black Goliath's for free.

This is right.

One should not make negative comments in a selling thread. If you don't like the price, make an offer or move on. This is standard "Board Member" courtesy.

Good Luck finding a buyer.

Isn't it tough to get a table at that show in the first place?

Honestly, I couldn't say (as I'm not a dealer). But worth a shot!

Well I spoke my mind, besides, who is to say what is negative and what isn't? If an astriod the size of Texas was coming straight for CT, would you still be offended? well I hope not! Come'on man, man up and grow a thicker skin!

This is right.

One should not make negative comments in a selling thread. If you don't like the price, make an offer or move on. This is standard "Board Member" courtesy.

Good Luck finding a buyer.

Says who? Life isn't supposed to be editied, You can't edit out all the bad parts in life and expect everything to be unicorns and rainbows. Now I'm glad he sold his books and I never insulted anyone on here. I just wrote what I felt.