• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mini-Geekfest with Ciorac and RedFury

36 posts in this topic

Ciorac and I got together today at Casa-de-Pons for a spontaneous mini-geekfest. Pons had picked up a case of Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA for refreshment and we had funny books scattered about the place. Here's some pics of the festivities.

Couple of Bat 1s and All-Star 3s in attendance.

2013-03-17%2520Mini%2520Geekfest%25201.JPG

since I financed my first GA collection with money from my paper route Star Spangled #7 was always one of my faves

This copy is signed by Kirby on the bottom of page 1. Pons really wanted it back, and I don't blame him. It's a great book!

since I financed my first GA collection with money from my paper route Star Spangled #7 was always one of my faves

Paper routes + cheap early 70's prices = :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Of course we did a little horse trading too. Pons got the two on the top. The Star Spangled he sold to me last year. lol I got the bottom four.

2013-03-17%2520Mini%2520Geekfest%25205.JPG

Todd got a modest amount of cash as well as the bottom four comics. Fantastic trade with a good friend always makes for a wonderful time.

The Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPAs didn't hurt either as a negotiating tactic :devil:

any 'fest with you two geeks sure as hell ain't MINI!

nice stuff boys. you picked up my old dd1 pons! nice.

Ever since Richard got my copy, and you got his copy, it seemed a natural that I should get your copy. Makes sense, right?

Of course we did a little horse trading too. Pons got the two on the top. The Star Spangled he sold to me last year. lol I got the bottom four.

2013-03-17%2520Mini%2520Geekfest%25205.JPG

Todd got a modest amount of cash as well as the bottom four comics. Fantastic trade with a good friend always makes for a wonderful time.

The Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPAs didn't hurt either as a negotiating tactic :devil:

Good Trade!

West Chester/Downingtown area has several breweries you can try. Iron Hill and Victory are both pretty good, especially Victory IPA according to my son-in-law. I think Todd's wife mentioned they had been to Sly Fox in Phoenixville. All-you-can-drink Brewfest, featuring local breweries, is also held at Black Angus in the fall and spring, I think. It is best to take a designated driver.