• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peter Panzerfaust #1

4 posts in this topic

Picked this one up about a week ago, got a spine ding/color break and slight what looks like shelf wear, but i could be wrong. Please let me know what you guys think. I would say its a 8.5, im also trying to hone in on my grading. Thank you

scan0005se.jpg[/img] scan0009ch.jpg[/img]

Firstly, the back looks pretty flawless.....BUT the images are a bit small for close inspection.

I can't see the spine en face, so I can't comment on spine wear.

The top edges seem to be in good form, but the bottom left front corner has some blunting and the bottom right front corner looks like a small curl or crease.

Once again, the resolution is a bit low to see if there's anything more subtle....but I honestly don't see any color breaking or other stuff besides what I've already stated.

I'd put it over an 8.5 for sure, and most probably in the 9.0+ category.

Certainly won't get a 9.8, but I'd say unless there's something hidden underneath the hood that's hairy....you've got a solid 9.4 IMHO.

That said, there are much smarter and better graders out there than I. I'd wait to see what they say.

Took another look, forgot to say the upper right front cover also has what appears to be dirt or a smudge vertically, but that may be able to be addressed with dry cleaning techniques. I've tried to zoom in on that back cover to see if there are any color breaking creases also, but I can't tell if I'm seeing artifact from the scans or true flaws.