• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBAY fee changes / increases

91 posts in this topic

ebid search has 6 peter panzerfaust, ebay search has 430.....I would love to break free of the ebay yoke but until someone steps up big time, I just don't see anyone knocking them off their pedestal.

Maybe some entrepreneur can someone generate funds to create an Ebay competitor through kickstarter!

curious to see how long this lasts...and what kind of reaction I get. Wondering if there is such a thing as "free speech" on the eBay site.

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/topic/The-Ebay-Town/New-Ebay-Fees/5200144486

Have you read the eBay boards? This is weak sauce compared to some of the rants that get posted over there :lol:

Well they did put the picture of the two smiley folk up when they rolled out their new strategy. They looked thrilled to pieces, so what could be the problem?

It seemed like ebays big pitch was "ease of use/ease of determining fees" rather than "less money out of the sellers pocket".

I think that the heavy-hitters should/will embrace and expand what is going on right here in the sales forums, simply because it's pretty much the next best option, and the traffic will eventually get here one way or another. I showed up here not too long ago and spend money here on a somewhat regular basis. There are many more users here that spend way more than I do. It's not like Google is unlikely to bring up Cgcforums if one runs a decent search for a book that one wants to buy, and Amazon is a royal pain in the neck to utilize when buying multiple items from the same seller without taking a bath on shipping. I can only imagine what their big sellers must go through when preparing back-door invoices for everyone who asks, in order to circumvent their nazi shipping-cost policies.

Not sure where I'm going with all of that, but I love it when grass-roots anything gives a good nut-shot to the big boys.