• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Angela Joins the Marvel Universe, Gaiman to co-write Guardians of the Galaxy

70 posts in this topic

And here comes Chuck again, striking while the fire is hot.

========================

Free SPAWN #9 - 1st Angela!

* Marvel revealed yesterday that Neil Gaiman is moving his sexy heroine, ANGELA, into Marvel's new GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY title, effective with issue #5. This has caused not only our pre-sales of GUARDIANS to explode, but also initiated a mad scramble for all the past appearances of ANGELA in the Image Universe. See the complete Image list at the end of today's newsletter...

* ANGELA'S first appearance was in SPAWN #9, for which demand has absolutely skyrocketed overnight. Blessedly, we have been stashing back issues of SPAWN #9 for many years, so we still have enough copies in stock to offer you one copy completely for free as a reward for placing any $50 order with us over this next weekend. Just place your order, and then ask for your free copy in the "notes" section of our order form. Limit one copy per client, please...

77934967760.9.GIF

In other words "we've been buying up collections that all contained multiple copies of Spawn 9 over the last 20 years and we couldn't sell them for $2 each".

And here comes Chuck again, striking while the fire is hot.

========================

Free SPAWN #9 - 1st Angela!

* Marvel revealed yesterday that Neil Gaiman is moving his sexy heroine, ANGELA, into Marvel's new GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY title, effective with issue #5. This has caused not only our pre-sales of GUARDIANS to explode, but also initiated a mad scramble for all the past appearances of ANGELA in the Image Universe. See the complete Image list at the end of today's newsletter...

* ANGELA'S first appearance was in SPAWN #9, for which demand has absolutely skyrocketed overnight. Blessedly, we have been stashing back issues of SPAWN #9 for many years, so we still have enough copies in stock to offer you one copy completely for free as a reward for placing any $50 order with us over this next weekend. Just place your order, and then ask for your free copy in the "notes" section of our order form. Limit one copy per client, please...

77934967760.9.GIF

In other words "we've been buying up collections that all contained multiple copies of Spawn 9 over the last 20 years and we couldn't sell them for $2 each".

Maybe he just raised the price to $70 to "protect" his inventory for a few days until he could offer them for free. :)

I'm not a Macfarlane hater; I enjoyed some of his work, esp. on Hulk. This is one terrible cover.

The character has notoriety because of the legal principle involved, but does she have any popularity? Was the character really worth fighting over for her own sake? I'm curious if there's any fan following for the character, other than a devoted cosplayer.

77934967760.9.GIF

Maybe he just raised the price to $70 to "protect" his inventory for a few days until he could offer them for free. :)

I'm not a Macfarlane hater; I enjoyed some of his work, esp. on Hulk. This is one terrible cover.

How many different directions is the wind blowing?

The character has notoriety because of the legal principle involved, but does she have any popularity? Was the character really worth fighting over for her own sake? I'm curious if there's any fan following for the character, other than a devoted cosplayer.

The character was popular during the bad girl comicbook craze in the mid 90s.

Notoriety is the key as it gave both Gaiman and McFarlane publicity. As you say, the intellectual property wasn't important.