• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are you the "Go To" guy?

76 posts in this topic

If there is ever a comic book based on the Survivor TV show I will then become an expert on it. And in that case you can ask me anything about the book regarding rarety, valuations, storylines or creators. Just in case that ever happens. I'll be the Go To guy. Just in case that ever happens.

Deathlok may be able to back me up on this proposed comic book series, but I'LL be the expert. I've already claimed mastery of it. Just in case that ever happens. ----Sid crazy.gif

Oh, and for those wondering, yeah, I'll even read the book.

If they print books based on CSI, 24, the Shield, and Alias, then Survivor would be a no-brainer. I would buy it. Since Survivor is always in the top of the ratings, there may be other outside of the hobby that would buy it.

If they print books based on CSI, 24, the Shield, and Alias, then Survivor would be a no-brainer. I would buy it. Since Survivor is always in the top of the ratings, there may be other outside of the hobby that would buy it.

I was going to point out that CSI, 24, the Shield, and Alias are all fiction...

so they lend themselves to the comic book adaptation fairly easily...

but I'm not so sure Survivor is as "non-fiction" as we might like to imagine. blush.gif

I was going to point out that CSI, 24, the Shield, and Alias are all fiction...

so they lend themselves to the comic book adaptation fairly easily...

but I'm not so sure Survivor is as "non-fiction" as we might like to imagine. blush.gif

If I were to create a Survivor comic, I wouldn't use the actual people. I would create fictional players. Although I would still use Jeff as the host.

If I were to create a Survivor comic, I wouldn't use the actual people. I would create fictional players. Although I would still use Jeff as the host.

Sounds kind of like the theory behind professional wrestling. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sounds kind of like the theory behind professional wrestling. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just look how that has turned out. foreheadslap.gif

Just look how that has turned out. foreheadslap.gif

Well, it would be interesting to create a Survivor-like comic that readers could actually participate in. Create 16 characters, even make them known Superheroes/villians if you like, all playing a mortal-game like Survivor. Then after each issue is published have readers go to a certain website and login their votes for who is next booted from the game/comic. Similar to how readers voted to "off" Robin or not in the Death In The Family storyline. confused-smiley-013.gif

I know, OT, but oh well.

I don't think I would use Super-heroes or Villains for this idea. That kinda cheapens the idea of Survivor.

Yeah, I agree, but it would seem an easier idea to pass by to a big publisher than asking him to create a book about a bunch of regular people playing a game on an island. I'm sure it would get fanboys interested to find out if an alliance of Wolverine, Beast and Thing could boot out that pretty boy Captain America who was so annoying or get rid of Johnny Storm since he was so lazy and just lying out in the sun all the time not helping to set up the shelter.

I don't think I would use Super-heroes or Villains for this idea. That kinda cheapens the idea of Survivor.

Besides we have these:

51934328826.1.GIF

What are they all looking at?

The peanut butter stained fingers of the kid reaching down to pull the book from the rack?

Besides we have these:

51934328826.1.GIF

What are they all looking at?

The peanut butter stained fingers of the kid reaching down to pull the book from the rack?

...they're watching the Janet Jackson Super Bowl halftime show. 27_laughing.gif

Yeah, we are all still learning and I have only scratched the surface of comic knowledge myself. I'd also not say that I was an expert in any genre, series or in any area of collecting. But I know that some of you guys are. If I have a question about a certain area of collecting, who are the "Go to" guys? For example:

If I have a question about Bronze horror I go to Shiverbones

If I have a question about Valiant Comics I go to Valiantman

If I have a question about Bryre Books I go to The Beyonder

If I have a question about Undergrounds I go to Comicwiz

If I have a question about DC 100-Pagers I go to Greggy

etc..... you get the picture

There is so much out there in comics, from GA to MA and everthing in between with grading, speculation, history, rare books, character appearances, storylines, bad or good dealers, slabbed/raw/restored, conventions, etc.

All right, fess up. If you are relatively knowledgable in any given specific area of comic book collecting, and care to share your knowledge for us, or answer PMs for the less informed, then sign up. I wanna know who the "Go to" guys are. ------Sid

I certainly wouldn't tout myself as an expert or as a "go-to guy" but I have a reasonable collection of pre-hero Atlas/Marvel titles (Amazing Adventures, Am Adult Fantasy, JIM, Strange Tales, TOS, TTA) and will be happy to try to answer questions about them if any come up. The worst that can happen is to say "gee, i dunno" confused-smiley-013.gif or "I'm still looking for that issue" foreheadslap.gif

Hi guys,

Don't really care if I'm the "go to" guy, but I'd be happy to answer any original art questions that folks may have. My area of main expertise is silver, bronze and 80s art..... but if you have questions about more modern artists I can certainly point you in the right direction.

Oh, and I guess I'd be one of the "go to" guys if you have a medical question. But, I usually get paid to answer those wink.gif

Best,

Hi guys,

Don't really care if I'm the "go to" guy, but I'd be happy to answer any original art questions that folks may have. My area of main expertise is silver, bronze and 80s art..... but if you have questions about more modern artists I can certainly point you in the right direction.

Oh yeah, your collection makes me drool like Pavlov's dog when the good humor man drives by.....

grin.gif