• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raising Prices?

22 posts in this topic

Heh, heh, heh...remember on another thread how I was saying that I will always start my CGC auctions at $32.00 (even if I have to add other books to the lot to ensure the auction has a chance of being bid on)? I always felt that people who had 9.4s starting for less than 24.95 were just asking to have the book sell for a song (and certain moderns, even moderns from the 80s and 90s could start that high with a fair chance of selling).

I know that the Uncanny 129 9.4 OWW I sold for $45.00 (I included at least a fine copy of 143 raw) has sold in the past for 24.95 or less...which is insane for a book that always seems to have a demand and guides RAW for 45.00 in 9.0 or better condition.

When February rolls around I expect to see a ton of 9.4+ CGC books starting at 24.95 (at least). Unless you pretty much know your auction will close out well above 30 dollars, then I suspect there will be some people who take the gamble and list for less than 20, less than 10 if the book is a high grade modern/bronze key (or minor key, a ton of minor keys do well on ebay in 9.4 or better condition).

With Regards

Christopher H.

I think the worst increase is the new holder - Am I correct in the fact that it has gone from $5.00 to $7.00, now to $11.00 in less than a year.? Since most of the broken holders I receive are from CGC themselves it will at least now make it almost worthwhile in getting it re-cased for free. When it was $5.00, and they offered to replace it for free it was still $30.00 shipping there and back which was my actual cost. Now that it is $11.00 I guess psychologically I think of it as only costing me $24.00 when I receive a cracked case from them.