• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil 7 CGC 9.4 WOW!

74 posts in this topic

That's nuts.

Very hard book to get in NM. A CGC 9.2 sold on ComicLink for $2,600 so I was pretty sure this was going over $5,000. But $8K. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm glad I picked up my CGC 9.0 for a little over $700 about six months ago.

Also, if you guys ever see me paying 10 times for a CGC 9.4 than what a CGC 9.0 copy goes for, please notifiy my wife and tell her I have stopped making reasonable financial decisions and have gone insane. insane.gif

So does the buyer already have another buyer for the book? Or will we see it on eBay in a year or two?

please notifiy my wife and tell her I have stopped make reasonable financial decisions and have gone insane.

I don;t know why but that really tickled me. My nose is burning even now from the wine (a sassy Chianti) lining my nostrils!

That's nuts.

Very hard book to get in NM. A CGC 9.2 sold on ComicLink for $2,600 so I was pretty sure this was going over $5,000. But $8K. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

$5,000 would have been "sane" as far as these things go. This price is nutty. Of course, it's been almost two years since a 9.4 was on eBay, but even that doesn't help me wrap my head around this total.

I mean, what's a 9.6? A $15-20,000 book?

I'm stunned. Mike Grissmer picked up the Western Penn copy on eBay a couple of years ago, for about $5K, if I remember correctly. 60% appreciation on an already expensive book in a couple of years. Wow. I am purposely refraining from making any judgmental statements.

Looks like a bargin. I'm surprised that an issue like that didn't end up on Pedigree's site. He could have listed it for $10,000 and someone would have paid for it in no time flat.

That WPA DD 7 was discussed here when it was on Ebay. The thing that stood out was that it was a very generous grade. I doubt anyone looking at the book would shell out 10K for it. Anyone got a scan? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

As some one who owns a CGC 9.0, I would presume that MANY copies of this book look to be a touch overgraded. Mine has a few more stress lines (but most are very faint), than I would expect to see on a CGC 9.0.

Obvioulsly, this book is NEARLY impossible to find in high-grade, and the dark cover highlights almost all defects.

I'm also with Osborne-France as even if I could sell my copy for double what I paid, I couldn't do it (since there would be a hole in my DD collection).

foreheadslap.gif