• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Punisher War Zone

66 posts in this topic

The same fans bashing this movie are the same ones who loved Avengers...go figure.

People are strange.

You ain't kiddin'

Just let it go - you'll feel better.

The same fans bashing this movie are the same ones who loved Avengers...go figure.

Probably because the only thing they have in common is this before it starts.

I'm not saying War Zone was a great film, but I enjoyed it more than Avengers.

I just find it funny that people can pick apart a comic film and another one just as krappy gets a pass because it has more bells and whistles (shrug)

Not one scene in Avengers that comes close to any of the scene's with (the usually good) Dominic West in them.

"I gawna get moy applesawce back."

People are strange.

You ain't kiddin'

Just let it go - you'll feel better.

I'll take it under advisement.

I just find it funny that people can pick apart a comic film and another one just as krappy gets a pass because it has more bells and whistles (shrug)

Every single actor in the Avengers worked well in their role.

In War Zone it was the opposite. It wasn't the bells and whistles it was the extremely poor execution of War Zone and how usually good actors like West and Stevenson can be wasted when something is poorly scripted, directed and executed.

In War Zone it was the opposite. It wasn't the bells and whistles it was the extremely poor execution of War Zone and how usually good actors like West and Stevenson can be wasted when something is poorly scripted, directed and executed.

Excuse me if I don't agree.

Wow

Hey!

Ghost-Rider was filmed 10kms down the road from my house.

5,000 of us got free Pizza and coke to cheer mindlessly for about 6 hours during the stunt riding stuff at Telstra Dome

Never saw Nic Cage.

Tried to take home my giant foam hand I was given to wave.

Nope, bastardos took them off us.

No idea where they went.

meh

$60 and pizza - wasn't worth the waste of a day.

Wow

Who did poorly in their role?

Or better yet...who did as poorly as West as Jigsaw with his cartoon over the top New Yawk Stereotype Gangster Ham Fisted portrayal? The accent, the way he walked and moved..all of it.

The actors in Avengers, Cap, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man....they all blended into their character without anything to pull me back out of the narrative. In War Zone they were so poorly acted and so poorly scripted that I was pulled out of the narrative constantly with how comically bad they were.

"He ain't da only one dat can take da lawr into his own hands." :facepalm:

I finally got around to watching this. Words cannot accurately describe this movie. I still can't decide if it's just plain terrible or terribly awesome.

Wait. Jimmy freaking McNulty was Jigsaw?!?!?

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I have GOT to see this film as soon as humanly possible.

I finally got around to watching this. Words cannot accurately describe this movie. I still can't decide if it's just plain terrible or terribly awesome.

All that great work in The Wire and 300 entirely undone. I'll never look at him the same way again.

Wow

Or better yet...who did as poorly as West as Jigsaw with his cartoon over the top New Yawk Stereotype Gangster Ham Fisted portrayal? The accent, the way he walked and moved..all of it.

The actors in Avengers, Cap, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man....they all blended into their character without anything to pull me back out of the narrative. In War Zone they were so poorly acted and so poorly scripted that I was pulled out of the narrative constantly with how comically bad they were.

Is your argument that Avengers was a better made film? If so, I cannot argue much with that point. As far as being a comic book movie goes...aside from the bigger budget of one, they were both krappy. I just happened to enjoy one of the krappy movies a little more than the other one (shrug)

Is your argument that Avengers was a better made film? If so, I cannot argue much with that point. As far as being a comic book movie goes...aside from the bigger budget of one, they were both krappy. I just happened to enjoy one of the krappy movies a little more than the other one (shrug)

Avengers was better scripted, and acted, and executed and directed. I mentioned that the actors in the Avengers did well with their characters to which you disagreed. I just wanted to know which portrayal in the Avengers entered the same solar system of bad that Jigsaw was in War Zone.

I was entertained by the Avengers and nothing the characters said or did removed me from the enjoyment of the show, whereas most members of the cast of War Zone did just the opposite.

War Zone made two of the better TV actors of the last decade looks incredibly bad. It takes some serious bad to make that happen.

Wow

I am glad there is at least one other person who didn't cream their pants over The Avengers.

All that great work in The Wire and 300 entirely undone. I'll never look at him the same way again.

There was great work in The Wire? :o

:signfunny:

Man you have awful taste in movies. Thanks for the laugh at work. This day is really dragging...

There was great work in The Wire? :o

lol

Wow

I am glad there is at least one other person who didn't cream their pants over The Avengers.

Blimey - where have you been the last 12 months?

Ask him if he likes Hugh Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine. :whistle:

Wow

Blimey - where have you been the last 12 months?

Ask him if he likes Hugh Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine. :whistle:

What's wrong with it?

:shy: