• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jay Parrino's catalog

7 posts in this topic

Just wanted to recommend JP's catalog (got it for free for winning one

of his auctions). I thought Heritage's catalog was great, but JP's is in

a totally different league from anything I've ever seen. Most of it is

devoted to coins and currency, but about 25% is on ultra high quality

comics. Although I know very little about currency, those sections

were just as interesting to read. Almost everything he sells is $5,000

to > $1 mio. and a full page is devoted to most items. The descriptions

are elaborate, well written, and very interesting. Well worth the $50 if

you like to read about "the best and the finest".

Well I guess if you like looking at pictures of money it is incredible fun. And i wonder what fool or nut would pay $50 for that catalog. I get them free also as I have wonstuff from him but $50 for a catalog is a waste. Not to mention the insane prices - I think lots of people refer to his stuff as a museum collection since he doesn't have much priced to sell. But I guess if you are in that league where you can pretty much give money away then it it great.

I won a book off of eBay a month or two ago and received along with it a copy of "Jay Parrino's The MINT 2002 Millennium Catalog".

It's full of incredible comics for sale. Consists of 155 pages....with the first 112 pages devoted completely to comics and the rest of it full of original comic art and movie posters/sports. It is truly incredible to see all of these high-end books in full color. Many from the Mile High/Edgar Church collection. laugh.gif

There wasn't any coins or currency in this particular catalog.