• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the right call here?

115 posts in this topic

Yea having looked at your thread technically you broke a lot of rules. I don't get why some of the veteran sellers do this like they are above the rules.

It should go to the first I'll take it pending scans. Then you need to apologize to the other I'll take it.

Im kinda new to the boards but I agree, this is a huge mistake especially if its a veteran poster. Quit being greedy trying to make a few bucks so fast, get books in hand before selling. Just because you won doesn't mean that the book will even be delivered we all know how things can end up. What if the book gets damaged in shipping, lost, stolen? Just makes the seller look like a bad business person imo.

Please direct me to where these broken rules are posted.

I realized after I said that in reviewing the rules that he didn't break any. Board etiquette usually has boardies posting scans, rules for the I'll take it and no probies, and just other info. If you look at the thread it was pretty limited.

But he didn't break rules. My bad.

Shad, do you know how to post a picture?

No, I have had no success doing so. I also spend eight months a year thousands of miles from my scanner. I have done dozens of sales threads, without scans and have had no issues.

However, In this case, I was on a Kindle, the book was from an auction and I directed the buyer to the auction site so he could examine the same scan I saw. I had a budget I'd exceeded, so the easiest thing was to offer a book I knew would sell at the price I paid for it. No greed involved, no rush to grab a few dollars. Even stated payment was not due immediately.

I should have been more explicit with my instructions. Lesson learned.

No, I have had no success doing so. I also spend eight months a year thousands of miles I have done dozens of sales threads, without scans and have had no issues.

So, 20,000+ posts and you've been here 10+ years yet you still can't figure out how to post a photo or provide a link?

Holy mess.

@shadroch: I think your only mistake was not to post detailed instructions (not even on how to claim the book, via the "takeit").

I think it’s better to say "unconditional :takeit: wins'

or simply ' :takeit: wins'

to avoid possible confusion. Those things are not specified in the rules as they are decided by the seller.

The second buyer did not see bbc was evaluating the book after requesting the images, but I don’t see it as a big problem.

I think people here should start to think a little before bashing, as this wasn’t clearly the case of being "greedy": shad won the book at an auction at almost the same price he is selling it.

And if you’d like to learn how to post pictures I’m more than happy to help with some tutorial… :)

I think the guy who posted the sign pending a scan should have right of first refusal. Give him a day and see if he responds 2c

.....this is how I see it too. I often start threads with pics forthcoming.....and I don't feel it fair to penalize the first taker because of my lack of organization. That's just me. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

No, I have had no success doing so. I also spend eight months a year thousands of miles I have done dozens of sales threads, without scans and have had no issues.

So, 20,000+ posts and you've been here 10+ years yet you still can't figure out how to post a photo or provide a link?

Holy mess.

I'm a Luddite. What can I say.

Holy mess.

You're possibly Ludditier than me, which is really saying something. You got a cell phone?

You're possibly Ludditier than me, which is really saying something. You got a cell phone?

I know web designers which do not use cell phones, actually a friend of mine which now works at Apple computers in Cupertino never had one (well, that was before he was hired by Apple… lol ).

use of technology is never linear, if shad likes to learn to post pictures we’re here for him, right? :)

I know web designers which do not use cell phones, actually a friend of mine which now works at Apple computers in Cupertino never had one (well, that was before he was hired by Apple… lol ).

use of technology is never linear, if shad likes to learn to post pictures we’re here for him, right? :)

Not if he's trying to call me.

Holy mess.

Funny you ask. I just recently had to switch from Nextel to Sprint and they gave me a new phone. Half the time, I can't figure out the walkie talkie aspect of it. Not really sure why I have one, I use it about thirty minutes a month, and don't text or open text.

Maybe you can get who you bought it from to drop ship it to the new owner :devil:

Wait – what’s this… the "evil" Logan510? :eek:

I’ve never encountered him before, maybe it’s Malice taking control, as she did with Sue Richards? :D

You may be on to something as they all have a *spoon*.

hm

Maybe you can get who you bought it from to drop ship it to the new owner :devil:

Wait – what’s this… the "evil" Logan510? :eek:

I’ve never encountered him before, maybe it’s Malice taking control, as she did with Sue Richards? :D

You may be on to something as they all have a *spoon*.

hm

Really Jim...really?

You have a lot of nerve dude...at least behind the keyboard.