• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know who this eBay seller is?

16 posts in this topic

I was curious because I was following this auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190815829545?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

and I was wondering if it looked to anyone else as if it were shilled at the end so that the seller wouldn't have to sell it for the opening bid.

Not enough info to go on at all based on who won that auction sadly. Maybe a shill, maybe not. If it pops back up for sale from him or her sometime soon then there is your answer.

Both bidders have 100% bid history with the seller... hm

Which in this case means nothing because of the complete lack of activity from either one. It says they both have bid on 1 item total recently on eBay. That one item is this comic.

Not enough info to be able to guess yes or no because of that. :)

I am willing to bet if it didn't really go to that high bidder the eBay seller will be dumb and relist it sometime soon on eBay.

This is usually what the shill sellers do.

Definitely shilled.

I've had the same thing happen with this seller before. Whenever the auctions are close to ending (that actually get bids) all of a sudden someone else comes along and ups the bid.

They were very rude when I asked them some questions about the products as well.

I wouldn't recommend buying from them unless you have to.

Definitely shilled.

I've had the same thing happen with this seller before. Whenever the auctions are close to ending (that actually get bids) all of a sudden someone else comes along and ups the bid.

They were very rude when I asked them some questions about the products as well.

Thanks. I think I'll look elsewhere for an Astonishing X-Men Whedon SS.

Definitely shilled.

I am always one of the first people to throw my anger towards shady eBay sellers but I still don't see how anyone can say this was for sure a shill bidder. There isn't any evidence laying this out.

I really hope the insufficiently_thoughtful_person relists the book on eBay to prove it was the case but as of right now there isn't anything solid to say it was.

Definitely shilled.

I am always one of the first people to throw my anger towards shady eBay sellers but I still don't see how anyone can say this was for sure a shill bidder. There isn't any evidence laying this out.

I really hope the insufficiently_thoughtful_person relists the book on eBay to prove it was the case but as of right now there isn't anything solid to say it was.

I bid on an item I wanted a while ago. I picked a random number for my bid and it was over the initial amount. Then another bid was placed by an account. Then a number higher than my bid was placed ( I guess they thought most people put in bids at even increments). When I didn't bid again the auction ended with that person winning.

Yet... low and behold next Saturday the item was put up again! Finally after about three weeks (or so) of this I placed another bid and guess what? The same thing happened. Except this time I guess they didn't want to me to lose on the auction so they only bumped it up a little that time. I ended up paying a little more for the item, but I'm fine with that.

Definitely shilled.

I bid on an item I wanted a while ago. I picked a random number for my bid and it was over the initial amount. Then another bid was placed by an account. Then a number higher than my bid was placed ( I guess they thought most people put in bids at even increments). When I didn't bid again the auction ended with that person winning.

Yet... low and behold next Saturday the item was put up again! Finally after about three weeks (or so) of this I placed another bid and guess what? The same thing happened. Except this time I guess they didn't want to me to lose on the auction so they only bumped it up a little that time. I ended up paying a little more for the item, but I'm fine with that.

This is exactly what I would expect to happen if this clown is shill bidding. I am just saying based on this one example listed above not enough to go on to say it is a shill.

Do we all know it is a shill, probably but I am trying for once to be nice towards a turd eBay seller.

:insane:

Sad part is he has decent book at decent prices. I don't see why they would need to resort to that.

yeah. on the example shown, it was only $2 or 3 over the starting price. would anyone really bother to shill for that little?

Sad part is he has decent book at decent prices. I don't see why they would need to resort to that.

yeah. on the example shown, it was only $2 or 3 over the starting price. would anyone really bother to shill for that little?

Only if they didn't want it to go for the opening bid price.

Well, I'm thinking his high shipping prices might turn away some bidders and the seller simply does not have the volume of bidders to generate confidence in his auctions... hm

my 2c