• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Venus 18 on Ebay

99 posts in this topic

venus16.jpg

This has to be one of the toughest issues to find...

I have seen a few 16's pop up for sale over the last couple of years, and while it is a book i need I have had opportunity to obtain it.

Issues 13, and 15 are in my experience far harder to find copies available. I have never seen a copy of 13 offered in the 4 years I have been trying to get one and I have only ever seen the 1 CGC 4.0 of issue 15 that is currently on ebay for a large amount.

18 is hard to obtain because it commands a price that I would say is double issue 17. 19 is also a hard issue to obtain because to many it is the best cover of the entire run but in the last year I have seen several copies come up.

I wouldn't discount the difficulty in obtaining some of the earlier issues either.

Very hard run to complete especially if you after grades. Myself, I am trying to complete the run in 4.0 or better and the #18 that we are discussing in this thread is the first copy I have seen in over a year. the last I bid on and also came in second on was the CGC 6.5 that was won at the time by our very own Goldust.

I just received this copy of #8. The painted cover and the "A Lovers Magazine" heart emblem seem to have been an attempt by Marvel to make a lot of their titles look like romance comics during the heyday of the romance books.

It may not be one of the horror or sci-fi covers but I've always liked these painted covers and there were only 2 in the Venus run.

Venus-08a-4-20-2013-t_zps88f707e0.jpg