• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Mysteries 19 ebay auction

39 posts in this topic

It's Sparkle City. I have been floored by some of the grades this get, and this one is no exception. There is another thread going on right now discussing the ST 68, which most agree is about 1.5 points too high.

The WTOF 1 8.0 that ended last night sold for 350 less than I paid for my 8.0. I saved pics of their scans.. and will post scans of mine...and then we can discuss. Night and day between the two...mine for the better of course.

The WTOF 1 8.0 that ended last night sold for 350 less than I paid for my 8.0. I saved pics of their scans.. and will post scans of mine...and then we can discuss. Night and day between the two...mine for the better of course.

What did it end at?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Mysteries-19-CGC-8-5-Pre-Code-Horror-Bondage-Golden-Age-Comic-Good-Girl-/380608967941?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item589e0ff505

8.5?

This is argueably the ugliest 8.5 I have seen. Based on the pics I see this as a 6.0-6.5 tops.

Comments?

wow, I mean... the book looks otherwise fresh and beautiful but with that crease it makes an absolute mockery of the grade :facepalm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Mysteries-19-CGC-8-5-Pre-Code-Horror-Bondage-Golden-Age-Comic-Good-Girl-/380608967941?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item589e0ff505

8.5?

This is argueably the ugliest 8.5 I have seen. Based on the pics I see this as a 6.0-6.5 tops.

Comments?

wow, I mean... the book looks otherwise fresh and beautiful but with that crease it makes an absolute mockery of the grade :facepalm:

I think books that look nice but for one major flaw are tougher to grade than books with more general wear. CGC seems to be more forgiving in those instances than Overstreet. Still, I wouldn't think a color-breaking crease that big would be tolerated in 8.0 let alone 8.5. I could see a CGC grade of 7.5, though. [The transfer staining on the back is unattractive, but that doesn't usually seem to affect the grade much (although it should, i.m.h.o.).]

8.5?

Comments?

It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham! :preach:

8.5?

Comments?

I think books that look nice but for one major flaw are tougher to grade than books with more general wear. CGC seems to be more forgiving in those instances than Overstreet. Still, I wouldn't think a color-breaking crease that big would be tolerated in 8.0 let alone 8.5. I could see a CGC grade of 7.5, though. [The transfer staining on the back is unattractive, but that doesn't usually seem to affect the grade much (although it should, i.m.h.o.).]

I could see 7.0, as it is a pretty book otherwise, but 8.5 is absurd.

What did it end at?

What did it end at?

That's a good price for the buyer.

What did it end at?

Yes...if it had been an 8.0...it would be a great price. I can't post comparison pics at the moment...but I will asap.

What did it end at?

Yes...if it had been an 8.0...it would be a great price. I can't post comparison pics at the moment...but I will asap.

No, I meant that even if it were a 7.0 DM 19, the buyer got a good price on it. 8.0 is more like 1K.

I just got beat on this one.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&item=290886597365

$281 for a G-VG. Thought sure I'd win it with a bid of $260. The '8.5' despite the iffy grade, was a good buy.

Nice price for a decent presenting VG copy.

The "8.5" is still going, is 2+ days left on it.

What did it end at?

No, I meant that even if it were a 7.0 DM 19, the buyer got a good price on it. 8.0 is more like 1K.

I think Wrightson fan was referring to the price on a WTOF 1 8.0 not a DM 19