• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lower Grade Marvel Silver Age Sale

14 posts in this topic

Hello All. I joined the forum last week and posted a few comics for sale. I'm still in the learning process here, but I'm adding a few more lower-grade Marvel stuff for sale. The list is below with grades and asking price. I will gladly entertain offers if you care to message me. Otherwise, the comic goes to the first who claims with an "I'll Take It" (still don't know how to do the icon.) I accept PayPal and my prices have shipping already factored in. I ship in the U.S. only, but may be willing to ship elsewhere if we agree upon a price. Thanks for looking. I'll be posting pictures soon.

Fantastic Four #44 (4.0) Solid book with little creasing but has a brownish cover. ($25)

Daredevil #9 and 10 (3.0) Reading Copies. Selling both as a pair. ($44)

Fantastic Four #66 (4.5) Nice color and solid book with typical creasing. ($28)

Strange Tales #137 (4.0) Classic cover with minor Marvel chipping and a few small creases, but nice color. ($15)

I still have the following for sale:

Amazing Spider-Man #15 (2.0) Now reduced to $75. 1st Kraven. Missing a small piece of the front right bottom corner. ($75) NOW SOLD!!!!

Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos #1 (1.0) Missing Cover, but book is very solid and readable. Now reduced. ($65)

Avengers #9 (3.0) Nice shape but has some pen scribble on the cover. Would be 5.0 otherwise. Now reduced. ($55)

I'm not getting any interest on these and I'm still trying to figure out what are the best price ranges to go with. So, just to get the ball rolling, let's discount all the comics from this lot...

All comics from this lot, take off another 20% of the original prices.

@mscm: Welcome! :) I did not look at the prices on the Guide or on online resources, but in general, unless we speak of keys everyone is after, it‘s better to list them at 20% to 40% off Guide, or so.

The only one I’m familiar with is the Fantastic Four, as I am looking for high grade copies of that range. I sold a #65 in FVF (which looked like a VFNM but had some minor water damage) for about $30-35 and you priced your #66 too high, as at that price you can easily buy a F or better copy. Hope this helps… (thumbs u

Thanks. It does. I'm still learning and I'm really not the type hung up on price. I want to move these at a good price for the buyer so I can put the money back into my collection. I'm always willing to listen to offers as well. I'll put some updated prices here soon.

The following have updated prices:

Fantastic Four #44 (4.0) Solid book with little creasing but has a brownish cover. ($14)

Daredevil #9 and 10 (3.0) Reading Copies. Selling both as a pair. ($36)

Fantastic Four #66 (4.5) Nice color and solid book with typical creasing. ($15)

Strange Tales #137 (4.0) Classic cover with minor Marvel chipping and a few small creases, but nice color. ($11)

I still have the following for sale and these are all 20% off:

Amazing Spider-Man #15 (2.0) Now reduced to $75. 1st Kraven. Missing a small piece of the front right bottom corner. ($75) NOW SOLD!!!!

Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos #1 (1.0) Missing Cover, but book is very solid and readable. Now reduced. ($65)

Avengers #9 (3.0) Nice shape but has some pen scribble on the cover. Would be 5.0 otherwise. Now reduced. ($55)

It‘s better if you update the prices on the first post, as people may not notice that.

The Spidey #15 was sweet, no surprise it’s been the first to go. Problem with most of the other books is that they can be found in low grade without much problem.

eBay can be a good indicator for BIN prices, at least you get an idea on how much a book could be desirable, even in low grade.

Good luck! (thumbs u

P.S. If you wish to practice the grading skills, the PGM section of the forum is great, you just have to take the time to ask but there are some very experienced users (joeypost, Timely, etanick, etc.) which can give you good advice, especially for CGC standards.