• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange Tales Annual 2

35 posts in this topic

what a book.

Great! Now straw-man's seen it!

9.8 Pacific Coast ped Strange Tales Annual 2 being posted in the "This week in your SA collection" thread by strawman in 3........2........1......... :baiting:

lol

Didn't that book just sell (or was at least listed) within the past year or two?

sold for $25k in May 2007 according to Doug's website. don't know if it's been resold since.

I'm reasonably sure I saw it within the past year or two on Clink. It may have just been listed and not sold, but it has come out of the woodwork more recently than 2007 I think.

Probably idiotic to comment on my own book but this is my private notes that I share since this was posted. I do not know "scooter99" (the originator of the post) or hardly anyone else.

- The fact that there is only one 9.6 makes it even more special when looking at the Marvel census filling up the last 1.5 years so time is not a big issue.

- Not a big fan at all of the Marvel PacificC compared to DC PacificC (my feeling is much more gloss on the DC's + there are several other nice Marvel pedigrees etc..).

- The glue on the spine might get damaged if they press other books to hell to fill the census like the normal ASM's. So it is indeed a very special 9.8 like someone mentioned earlier.

- It's a very early appearance of Spider (4th or 5th???).

- Lowered from 70k to 50k to pay dept for private buy *************.

Apart from the fact that I am not at all a big fan of Marvel Pacific Coast I am a bit surprised that it has not sold already(Even if some collectors got out and others collect the straight ASM's it's impossible not to get stunned by this book?). It's sweet to hold and super-cool cover.

I am not promoting the sale of this (hate PC Marvels, haha) so I don't hope I breach any rules by these comments.

F

Probably idiotic to comment on my own book but this is my private notes that I share since this was posted. I do not know "scooter99" (the originator of the post) or hardly anyone else.

- The fact that there is only one 9.6 makes it even more special when looking at the Marvel census filling up the last 1.5 years so time is not a big issue.

- Not a big fan at all of the Marvel PacificC compared to DC PacificC (my feeling is much more gloss on the DC's + there are several other nice Marvel pedigrees etc..).

- The glue on the spine might get damaged if they press other books to hell to fill the census like the normal ASM's. So it is indeed a very special 9.8 like someone mentioned earlier.

Apart from the fact that I am not at all a big fan of Marvel Pacific Coast I am a bit surprised that it has not sold already(Even if some collectors got out and others collect the straight ASM's it's impossible not to get stunned by this book?). It's sweet to hold and super-cool cover.

I am not promoting the sale of this (hate PC Marvels, haha) so I don't hope I breach any rules by these comments.

F

....... welcome to the boards, amigo. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

F

Nice book, Frank. I will make posts of special books when I see them. Your copy is a gem. Good luck with the sale and welcome to the boards.

I had an account in the past but it's really a long time ago and the email must have been dead for years as I could not even remember it to get the psw. Thanks for the nice comments on the book!

I came here to post some questions about seperating late gold/early Silver Dc's but I will post that in a separate tread.

Strange Tales Annual 2 :cloud9:

Early Marvel Annuals with the multicolored logos :cloud9::cloud9:

I love those two...I've gotta get a FF1 Annual 1 as well. :headbang: Any others you can think of?

ASM annual #1, FF annual #2, Marvel Tales #1, and Millie the Model annuals #2 and 3.

I believe there are seven multicolored logo annuals in all.

I just need the 2 Millies.

Never seen a 9.8 of this book. Then again, I rarely see high grade copies of it. Beautiful score to whoever is the seller.