• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New DC licensee (Factory Entertainment) would love input on product...

66 posts in this topic

Hi All..

I have been a member here for a little bit, but I rarely get the chance to post. My name is Tyler Ham and I am the Art Director for Factory Entertainment (www.factoryent.com)

We have a license to do DC characters in a line we call "Shakems," which are basically 6" - 7" statues that have a motion feature. (Not like a bobble head or anything where the head is oversized.. these are properly proportioned..)

We are kind of wondering where we should go with the line, and figured the fans would know better than we do...

We want to release them in series of 2 - and a new set every few months...

Sooooo..... the question...

How would you like the assortments:

Hero based ie: Superman and batman 2 pack

A hero and villain ie: batman and Joker

Character and vehicle ie: batman and batmobile

Also, is there any desire for characters sculpted in more vintage styles? Like Action Comics #1 superman, 50s superman, etc.....

We have some ideas but since we are making these FOR comic fans, we really want to hear your input!

Thanks everyone,

Tyler

Villains!....

Your site is not iPad Friendly as I can't scroll past the Princess Bride. Might be the same for those other tablets too. Just wanted to share that with you so you can have a look at it and maybe change it (cause I am sure more and more online shoppers use tablets)

Would it be possible to get some sort of artists rendition of what the actual figures will look like?? Or do you have any already made?

We are just starting development on this line so we have nothing made for DC yet..

For the Artist specific, we really want to, but because we dont have the artists permission to use their work, we cant just go an do a Adams Batman, for example... (I really really wish we could..)

Would it be possible to get some sort of artists rendition of what the actual figures will look like?? Or do you have any already made?

We are just starting development on this line so we have nothing made for DC yet..

For the Artist specific, we really want to, but because we dont have the artists permission to use their work, we cant just go an do a Adams Batman, for example... (I really really wish we could..)

:(

Same thing with actor renditions?

Same thing with actor renditions?

Sort of.. That is something we can look into depending on a case by case basis...

I think there is more wiggle room there actually!

I know everyone is dying for a definitive Clooney batman...

The vehicle style will be similar to the MY FAVORITE MARTIAN ship style - The actual DC character shakems though will be different.. The ones we have on the site currently are more bobblehead (big head, little body) The DC ones will have properly proportioned body features, and the motion will be in a place that makes sense for the character... (Like the waist in many examples, etc..)