• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Batman #13, 1942! WWII cover, Joker story, cheeep... Closed!

2 posts in this topic

Hi gang, up for sale today:

Batman #13, 1942 in Poor. Awesome early Batman, featuring a classic WWII parachute cover; inside, there's an early Joker story with cameo appearances by Jerry Siegel and Joe DiMaggio. (Stop and let all that sink in a second. Awesome, right?). Fun early Bat-tales by Bob Kane, Jerry Robinson et al.

This book grades Poor (or .5, if you prefer!). It's missing its centerfold, and even if it weren't I'm not sure it could claw its way to Fair. The missing centerfold affects the third story; Joker story and the other stories are complete. Heavy wear to cover wrap, which is detached from the book but still snug to the spine; flattened spine roll; small dot speckling from mildew/mold in some of the page margins, and light staining on some pages, but nothing that impedes readability... please view the provided scans of the three splash pages, which more or less give you the idea. Like I said, Poor! Still, a filler/reader copy of a 1942 big-logo Batman that's not entirely ugly in a mylar. The entry point for a low-grade Bat #13 is most likely in the $250-350 range, so here's a chance for a bargain--

Price: $115 $105 plus shipping. Thanks for looking!

--Jon

bat13.jpg

bat13back.jpg

Splash page 1

Splash page 2

Splash page 3

184 hits and no takers... I'm going to guess that doesn't bode well. lol (I understand it's seen better days, but it's a Batman #13, doggone it!)

Let's try $105 plus ship. Offer good through the afternoon, then off to ebay. Thanks again!

Edit: Thread now closed. (thumbs u