• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Craziest Bronze BIN I've ever seen

24 posts in this topic

He won't sell it, but it's a perfect marketing ploy as Rob_React points out. Think about it, how many people are going to look at it, send it to a friend, and eventually click on his other auctions and/or ebay store to see what else he has?

Smart bidness.....

OR, how many people are going to look at it, send it to a bunch friends, & post it on the CGC Forums for a good laugh? They'll remember the seller's name & if they ever click on his other auctions and/or ebay store, they will quickly dismiss his listings & hit the "back" button. foreheadslap.gif

Some will definitely dismiss it, no question, but if it gets any potential customers to click through and maybe bid on any "legitimate" books, then it's done its job. Will it appeal to seasoned collectors like yourself? Clearly it's not, but I bet it gets a lot of attention from the uninitiated.

[best Eddie Murphy Doing Chinese Restaurant voice]:

"We need Eye-Catchah"

"I know, 10.0 CGC twenny-five cent!"

He won't sell it, but it's a perfect marketing ploy as Rob_React points out. Think about it, how many people are going to look at it, send it to a friend, and eventually click on his other auctions and/or ebay store to see what else he has?

Smart bidness.....

OR, how many people are going to look at it, send it to a bunch friends, & post it on the CGC Forums for a good laugh? They'll remember the seller's name & if they ever click on his other auctions and/or ebay store, they will quickly dismiss his listings & hit the "back" button. foreheadslap.gif

Some will definitely dismiss it, no question, but if it gets any potential customers to click through and maybe bid on any "legitimate" books, then it's done its job. Will it appeal to seasoned collectors like yourself? Clearly it's not, but I bet it gets a lot of attention from the uninitiated.

[best Eddie Murphy Doing Chinese Restaurant voice]:

"We need Eye-Catchah"

"I know, 10.0 CGC twenny-five cent!"

You got a point. Maybe I should list my CGC 10.0 Strawberry Shortcake 1 at 5K. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif