• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Craziest Bronze BIN I've ever seen

24 posts in this topic

I'm sorry, I just had to post this link for a Captain Canuck #1 as it's the absolute craziest bronze BIN I've ever seen. 5k for a $5 comic!!!! Could a person possibly throw away more money on a book?? It's offers like this, I feel, that make the whole process of slabbing and selling easy targets for the naysayer's accusations that CGC books are a sucker's game. sign-rantpost.gif

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=12592&item=2260263611&rd=1

Ohmigod!! 893whatthe.gif

--shrunken

I have a perfect raw copy of that same book. I posted a spoof auction with it one time using the same HTML layout as that auction. If it wasn't so time consuming I'd do it every time he runs it.

One of the all-time favorite CGC forum auctions. It's basically an ad. If the number of people here that link to it is any indication a lot of people take a look at that listing.

He won't sell it, but it's a perfect marketing ploy as Rob_React points out. Think about it, how many people are going to look at it, send it to a friend, and eventually click on his other auctions and/or ebay store to see what else he has?

Smart bidness.....

One of the all-time favorite CGC forum auctions. It's basically an ad. If the number of people here that link to it is any indication a lot of people take a look at that listing.

I haven't even opened the link and I know exactly what the auction is.... that darn Captain Canuck comic again... who else is tired of seeing this in their searches for high grade CGC books??? 893frustrated.gif

He should give it a rest already...

Hmm, I hadn't realized the book had been listed so long. (I guess that's why it says "learning the ropes" under my name in the postings). Given this listing's longevity, I think the comics community should coin a new phrase with the word Canuck. I propose it could be used as a both a verb and a noun.

Examples: v. "I just canucked some guy on ebay and charged him 20x guide on a slabbed 9.8 modern."

n. "What? Somebody just paid 8 grand for a Captain Carrot #1 in 10.0? What a Canuck!"

Hmm, I hadn't realized the book had been listed so long. (I guess that's why it says "learning the ropes" under my name in the postings). Given this listing's longevity, I think the comics community should coin a new phrase with the word Canuck. I propose it could be used as a both a verb and a noun.

Examples: v. "I just canucked some guy on ebay and charged him 20x guide on a slabbed 9.8 modern."

n. "What? Somebody just paid 8 grand for a Captain Carrot #1 in 10.0? What a Canuck!"

While we're at it....maybe we can come up with some yankee one-liners as well. mad.gif795v.gif

It's not a bad price at all. First off, it's the 3rd oldest 10.0 graded to date! Secondly, A HAND SIGNED CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN WITH YOUR NAME WILL INDICATE THAT YOU ARE THE 1ST OWNER OF THIS COMIC. And lastly, this issue was pulled from their mylar vacuum encased collection and certified last year.

What more can you ask for??

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

... I wonder how many guys Greggy has Canucked this week? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif

He won't sell it, but it's a perfect marketing ploy as Rob_React points out. Think about it, how many people are going to look at it, send it to a friend, and eventually click on his other auctions and/or ebay store to see what else he has?

Smart bidness.....

OR, how many people are going to look at it, send it to a bunch friends, & post it on the CGC Forums for a good laugh? They'll remember the seller's name & if they ever click on his other auctions and/or ebay store, they will quickly dismiss his listings & hit the "back" button. foreheadslap.gif

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

... I wonder how many guys Greggy has Canucked this week? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif

You really want to know??? hmmmm.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I haven't even opened the link and I know exactly what the auction is.... that darn Captain Canuck comic again... who else is tired of seeing this in their searches for high grade CGC books??? 893frustrated.gif

He should give it a rest already...

Not half as tired as seeing this!!!

Hope this doesn't show its ugly face anytime soon! tonofbricks.gif

579314-102-041204-80am.jpg

893whatthe.gif

579314-102-041204-80am.jpg.84ad2df05a8606fe142db37b1811f94d.jpg