• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOW SUMMARIZED (pg 9) - If you could only read 3 moderns what would they be?

94 posts in this topic

Saga

Batman

I'm hopeful Sixth Gun will occupy the third slot as I keep reading (on #5 right now), but right now I'd give it to Thief of Thieves. Just a fun read month in and month out.

Honorable mention:

Bedlam

Nowhere Men

Walking Dead (in TPB format)

Injustice

Sixth Gun is 10x better than TOT. You will see, not even in the same class.

1) The Walking Dead <- do I really need to explain?

2) East of West <- the premise is just too good for me to pass up and the artwork is awesome. A rare find for a book so hyped about

3) The Sixth Gun <- supernatural western that reads like a movie.

4) Batman <- Convinced everyone at DC hates Bruce Wayne right now, damn 1%'er :P

5) Saga

Are you limiting because of money? There are so many great titles that I really wouldn't put a limit on it. I know most people frown upon piracy, but the artists want you to read the book. And later if you have the money buy a TPB or something related to the series. Matt Hawkins said in one of the Think Tank issues that just as many people torrent it on Pirate Bay that buy it (about 10,000 each), but that both are just as important to get attention.

But if you are limiting due to keeping everything straight than that is a different story. I spend more time reading the last 1-2 issues before the new one to remember what happened than everything else I do.

Are you limiting because of money? There are so many great titles that I really wouldn't put a limit on it. I know most people frown upon piracy, but the artists want you to read the book. And later if you have the money buy a TPB or something related to the series. Matt Hawkins said in one of the Think Tank issues that just as many people torrent it on Pirate Bay that buy it (about 10,000 each), but that both are just as important to get attention.

But if you are limiting due to keeping everything straight than that is a different story. I spend more time reading the last 1-2 issues before the new one to remember what happened than everything else I do.

Time. Don't have time to read 20 (or more) books a month, just want to focus on the best of the best.

There is one more I forgot to add to my list, even though I am already 2 over the limit :)

And this one I haven't seen listed here at all...

Mouse Guard. Great stories, Great Artwork. David Petersen is one of the nicest comics artist/writers I've ever met.