• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's see your Whirlwind #2!!

17 posts in this topic

Please, someone, anyone....

It's a 3 issue run from 1940, from Nita publishing. They're all Gerber 8's or 9's. I've got a #1 and a #3. I just need to see a real live #2, outside of Gerber, before I get old and die. I've gotten tired of looking and now I'm just pretty much desparate. One of you guys has to have one, right?

Whirlwind1Front.jpg

Whirlwind3Front.jpg

PS: I'm rating this thread 1 star, so you don't have to. crazy.gif

My favorite short-lived golden age title. I always thought the 3 was the toughest to obtain (no Larson or MH)....I have all three, I find them a hoot...note the single page splash in number 1.....could be the first...jon

I love these obscure Golden Age titles also! There were earlier single page splash pages prior to June 1940 ... smile.gif

I have all three

Really. Wow, Jon, you da MAN. 893applaud-thumb.gif That's an absolutely brutal 3-issue run to complete, especially for a 1940 superhero book.

I always thought the 3 was the toughest to obtain (no Larson or MH)

Yeah, I wasn't expecting to find it before the #2, honestly. As a Gerber 9, with no pedigrees (the Mile Highs of #1 and #2 have both sold on Heritage, I believe), I figured it was a ghost.

A very tough title. I have the Church copies of #2 and #3. I will try to post scans.

Stephen

So you bought THIS a couple of years ago?

Nice copy. What's keeping it down at an 8.5? And can I assume that it's in your personal collection, since you guys haven't had a Whirlwind of any sort for sale on your site in ages, if ever?

I always thought the 3 was the toughest to obtain (no Larson or MH)

Yeah, I wasn't expecting to find it before the #2, honestly. As a Gerber 9, with no pedigrees (the Mile Highs of #1 and #2 have both sold on Heritage, I believe), I figured it was a ghost.

Sounds like there is a MH copy of issue #3 after all since Steve states that he has it in his collection. This must be true since I just checked the MH catalogue and it lists Whirlwind #3 as being in NM+ condition. cloud9.gif

A very tough title. I have the Church copies of #2 and #3. I will try to post scans.

Stephen

Great books! I have the Larson 1 and 2 (so there....pluhchhh)....jon

Nothing quite like the image of two BSDs swinging their Ds. crazy.gifgrin.gif..

Thus, 30 days after it was begun, the thread draws to a satisfied conclusion, epitomizing the civility and efficiency of the Golden Age forumites. Well done.

And GREAT BOOK, Jon! Larsons are my favorite pedigree (I have the Silver Streak #1, among others, and pick them up every chance I get), even more so than the irrepressible Church books, and Whirlwind is one of my favorite series, so a Larson Whirlwind is drop dead stunning to me. thumbsup2.gif

Thus, 30 days after it was begun, the thread draws to a satisfied conclusion, epitomizing the civility and efficiency of the Golden Age forumites. Well done.

And GREAT BOOK, Jon! Larsons are my favorite pedigree (I have the Silver Streak #1, among others, and pick them up every chance I get), even more so than the irrepressible Church books, and Whirlwind is one of my favorite series, so a Larson Whirlwind is drop dead stunning to me. thumbsup2.gif

It's because we all know the "real" age of collecting was anything printed before a code, and with a .10 price tag.

wink.gif