• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What, no indication of Page Quality?

12 posts in this topic

Nope, looked up the cert. # and there is no indication of Page Quality. Does that happen often?
confused.gif Probably missed it during the hectic onsite grading! confused-smiley-013.gif

Nope, looked up the cert. # and there is no indication of Page Quality. Does that happen often?

Could be a re-holder of a book that was graded in the early days of no PQ notes? confused-smiley-013.gif

My current invoices are all numbered over 100k, this one is 85k...anyone have any Chicago on-site grading labels to compare the number to?

Could be a re-holder of a book that was graded in the early days of no PQ notes? confused-smiley-013.gif

My current invoices are all numbered over 100k, this one is 85k...anyone have any Chicago on-site grading labels to compare the number to?

Reholder should still show the original grading date...not the reholder date. Nice try banner but 893naughty-thumb.gif

Also....the numbers are consistent with the books that Jason Ewert just listed! shocked.gif

I have a book with a cgc book with no page quality. Mine was graded during the early days of CGC before they listed the page quality. I'm not saying this book is, I'm just stating that there are probably lots of CGC books that don't have the page quality listed. Avengers3CGC8.jpg

Thanks for furthering my education JJ. thumbsup2.gif Love that cover.

Thanks, in your opinion, how much does this effect the value? You figure that it is either cream to off white, off white, off white to white, or white. These are the 4 main catagories usually on silver age books. Usually cream to off white gets a little slammed, but the book only has a 25% chance of coming back that. (It's a guess because I've never seen the inside of the book.)

Well, I think it's pretty much agreed upon that books with cream colored pages are not as desireable as those with better quality pages. If there were no indication on the label, I would be willing to chance it, and ignore that factor all together when bidding or buying. That's just my take on it.

I have a book with a cgc book with no page quality. Mine was graded during the early days of CGC before they listed the page quality. I'm not saying this book is, I'm just stating that there are probably lots of CGC books that don't have the page quality listed.

They started listing page quality around 2-3 months after they first started, so I doubt more than 1% or less lack the page quality descriptors. That doesn't explain the book in question in this thread, however, since it's obviously a new-style label.

The most likely explanation is that it's a mistake...