• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet, Modern "raw" books, and EBay...

3 posts in this topic

Since I know about the Valiant market... and don't actively follow many others...

Can anyone tell me what percentage of Overstreet price

is "normal" for raw Modern books you watch on Ebay?

I'm not really interested in books from 2000-present,

but books from 1975 to 1999 would be fine.

What modern markets do you watch closely?

Do ungraded books sell for 50% of Overstreet? 80%? More? Less?

Is there a clear distinction between "commons" (very cheap, bulk) pricing

and "key/semi-key" pricing? Is shipping cost a huge percentage of the total cost?

The whole key is condition, condition, condition.

Unslabbed Bronze Age books (that's the main bulk of my eBay sales) go like this...

NM to VF/NM -- guide, sometimes a little over

VF -- 75%-90% of guide

FN -- a/b 50% of guide but as low as 33%

VG -- a/b 33%

GD -- a/b 33%

I have a feeling that for 80s and up books you're probably looking at $1 each or less for anything other than keys and true NM.

Namors (2nd Series)and Catwoman (1st series) - are ultra cheap on e-bay right now. Recently won a run of Namor's for a penny - nobody else bid on them. Some of the Catowoman runs I've won I've actually told the seller to keep the one's I didn't need. I'd go 10% guide on those.

$400.00 recently won a complete run of Wonder Woman 1 - 204 or thereabouts. Early Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern about 30% guide with the later issues getting much more percentage wise.

Could be an explosion in Moderns that have been printed in the last few years as a lot of this stuff if tough to find.

(I hope JC doesn't read that last remark) crazy.gif