• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a fair deal?

4 posts in this topic

Heard back from a dealer who has offered me a trade. What I have is various DC titles that he needs mostly in the 70's , 80's and some late 60's (although these are mostly good to very good).

What I'm after is a copy of a restored Fantastic Four #1 and Justice League #1. I can purchase these copy for VG guide. (They are apparent VF's - used to be Goods, so a lot of restoration was done.) Most of the $2300.00 US could be taken care of by trading some of these comics I don't want as much as the two he has. He is offering me 50 - 60% guide for these comics in exchange for the FF and JLA.

He is a dealer, so on the surface, I feel it's ok.

Any other dealers out there care to comment on what they think? I quess I'm trying to get a feel for what's fair. How do you collectors feel about the trade. Comics I am trading are mostly VG's - Fine. I suppose, I'll probably keep the better stuff.

What I am trading are Action, Adventure, Brave & The Bold, Detective, Batman, Flash, Ghosts, Ghostly Haunts, Weird War, Metamorpho, Metal Men etc. Always been a bit of a marvel collector, so I wouldn't really miss these a whole lot.

Should I bite?

I would. Restored VF's for those books aren't bad, especially if you never plan on shelling out 8-9K for a unrestored VF FF#1. And if you don't care about the DC's I'd do it. And if you were to sell the low to mid grade DC's yourself you probably wouldn't be able to do much better than 50-60% guide anyway, so you might as well trade them for 2 books you really want.

What I'm after is a copy of a restored Fantastic Four #1 and Justice League #1. I can purchase these copy for VG guide. (They are apparent VF's - used to be Goods, so a lot of restoration was done.)

As long as the restoration was professional I say it sounds good. These are two real keys. If these two books are more important to ya than the books you are trading and they are professional restoration? Go for it!

Thanks very much for the advice. The way you and AndrewKnight see it is the same way I did. Always nervous when I'm doing something like this and it really helps getting opinions from my buddies in this forum.