• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

A Boston Pedigree book that is also part of the Dallas Stephens collection.

Would love to know how this came to be.

Russ...

Dallas had quite a few pedigree books in his collection, just like Nic Cage, so CGC has to recognize both the collection and the pedigree.

Just in from Brent. I hate pedigrees. They make me want to trade in my non-pedigrees for more pedigrees!

ourarmyatwar164.jpg

Very nice book, Jeff! That`s a very sharp looking 9.2, and given the old label might very well grade as a 9.4 if resubbed today.

Roter used to complain that when he submitted a big stack of PCs, the CGC graders would get burned out from looking at so many gorgeous copies and start over-penalizing the books that didn`t look ultra-perfect. I used to take that like I took everything he said, with a huge grain of salt, but I`m starting to think he might have been right on this one.

The other PC copy was a 9.6.

Roter used to complain that when he submitted a big stack of PCs, the CGC graders would get burned out from looking at so many gorgeous copies and start over-penalizing the books that didn`t look ultra-perfect. I used to take that like I took everything he said, with a huge grain of salt, but I`m starting to think he might have been right on this one.

The other PC copy was a 9.6.

grading fatigue! its real and its heart-breaking.

works both ways: after a dozen incredibly tight glossy books, a copy with noticeable flaws looks really weak. And after a pile of VGs and Fs a 9.0 screams 9.4 to sore eyes.

I dont know how CGC avoids this. Its human nature.

I dont know how CGC avoids this. Its human nature.

I`d have thought that was the whole point of having multiple graders, who are presumably grading books in different orders so they wouldn`t all have grading fatigue from the same run of books.

A Boston Pedigree book that is also part of the Dallas Stephens collection.

Would love to know how this came to be.

Russ...

Dallas had quite a few pedigree books in his collection, just like Nic Cage, so CGC has to recognize both the collection and the pedigree.

Yep.....I've shown this before, but here's a Green River that was part of the DS collection.

jimmyolsen105big.jpg