• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

i never looked at the site before. used the link (PCE) and went to CGC comics. got stopped cold in my tracks by a 9.4 copy of Batman #171 for only 17.4 times 9.2 guide ($10,000).

what a deal - i should have continued collecting for another 3-4 months and i would have had one..................

Edited by Burntboy

Since we've seen only a single Diamond Run book on this thread, here is another (and my only example). My impression of the pedigree is that it consists of solid high-grade Marvel and DC runs, and is especially outstanding in the high-grade nature of its early Marvel keys, such as the NM AF15 that the Blazing One sold a couple of years ago. The color preservation on this HOS is only average, but man that first Spidey looked like a beauty.

642142-HOS92.jpg

642142-HOS92.jpg.688a0eee799fa9660dc513b7be8f0eaf.jpg

Very cool key book to have a pedigree of.

Here's another TTA, but from the Northland pedigree. I have to say that the Northland seems to be a really strong pedigree with absolutely like new colors and excellent quality of production (at least the books I own). grin.gif

643761-TTA%2375.jpg

589a8cf8e3c6d_643761-TTA75.jpg.385b3001b8c0b4d51313d042f7627d35.jpg

It's not only a great cover (which makes a nice companion to FF #112!), but it's also a great issue. John Buscema is seriously underrated in the history of comic book art. I absolutely love his work. The power in his figures was unmatched.

They just keep on coming. Here is a Northland early Marvel with "milky-white" pages and exceptional color preservation. Kirby appears to have done rush-jobs on many of these split TTA covers, but they are cool nonetheless.

To digress for a moment, I purposely avoid the common rave "bone-white". Have you all taken a close look at bones? 27_laughing.gif They typically have gray areas, and from the elderly have a distinctive yellow tinge. Many of my books look alot better than most bones, and don't deserve the besmirching reference. yeahok.gif

648823-TTA63.jpg

648823-TTA63.jpg.dadfc200d9a4cf34d54ff72c97c4ac82.jpg

Nice book with a great Kirby cover! Too bad TTA didn't have more Kirby and less Marie Severin and other second (third) tier Marvel artists.

Actually I thought the Marie Severin covers were outstanding. Issues 93, 98,100 & 101 come to mind. These are classics and I don't think Marie gets enought credit for her work. Hard to imagine a woman, especially back in the 60's, breaking into such a male dominated business. Can you imagine what her friends and family thought of her occupation at the time.

Great cover. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I would have been all over that in Heritage's Auction (you got a great deal) except I had just picked up the White Mountain copy (CGC 9.6). But as I said, you got a very good price. thumbsup2.gif

On that note, did someone say they liked TTA#93?

648988-TTA%2393.jpg

589a8cf8efdad_648988-TTA93.jpg.5b7b62b9f2553b14c0faf867a7e57550.jpg