• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

Wouldn't it be nice to see a pedigree lineup of the same book? We'll have to do that sometime.

OK, Brad, let's give it a try. Here is the PC copy of a very cool but relatively common-in-grade Journey. First appearance of Herc (it never made sense to me how Norse and Greek gods could "co-exist" when I was younger... I mean, how many "all-fathers" can there be?!?).

Show us your pedigree JIM 124s!

661759-jim124.jpg

661759-jim124.jpg.b0ce383edf15d7c994add73775f3c10a.jpg

Sorry, Nammy, you must think I can pull these things out o' me arse! 27_laughing.gif

Here's the best I can do. Thor 130 Green River 9.2 via Red Hook, via Lord Rahl, via Phil Schlaefer of The Comic Collectors Shop, via Shin C. Kao, via Craig C. Beles, via William J. Stevens II. (phew!)

thor130big.jpg

That GR has some white cover there, Red. headbang.gif Glad to hear you didn't have to pull it out of your arse in order to scan and post it! 27_laughing.gif Any reason to downgrade it below NM is certainly not apparent from your scan, but doesn't really matter anyway with that spectacular color preservation.

Surely, you Steve, or some other forumite must have ped copies of JIM124 - which one of you is hoarding a Boston copy? shy.gif The White Mountain? The Curator (anyone ever seen or heard of Journeys from this collection?)

Can someone else post a pedigree Thor from that range of the run? yay.gif

Don't know if you wanted someone other than me, Brad, or just another ish, so here goes. Here is the (GASP!) unslabbed PC Thor 134. Sweet QP, no?

661920-Thor134.jpg

661920-Thor134.jpg.4b4a094eb9bb30fd1910dfcfaf2dd0af.jpg

Great book and the Pacific Coast books almost always have perfect Quality of Production!!!! acclaim.gif

I have ZERO JIM's or Thor pedigrees. sorry.gif

Most of my Silver Age pedigrees are Strange Tales or Tales to Astonish, with a few DD's and Avengers.

I also have lots of Atlas books that are pedigrees (i.e. White Mountain, Bethlehem & Circle 8).

This really wasn't a book I was looking for but I couldn't resist:

Yes, Low Grade for a Pedigree book but:

1) From early 1941

2) Highest Graded Copy

3) Less than $400

4) From the Pennsylvania Pedigree (at least no one can say this isn't a TRUE pedigree) acclaim.gif

662267-Samson%232.jpg

589a8cfb0331b_662267-Samson2.jpg.0d36f3147f5b7bfa0d373470bf0f6176.jpg

Since we are on the Journey Into Mystery theme, here is a book I recently purchased in a nice trade/cash deal.

One of my fondest childhood memories was my mum taking me shopping to the West End of London when I was 10 or 11 years old. I dragged her into a comic shop called Comic Showcase, in it's original Covent Garden location, and spent ages staring at the amazing books they had on the wall. Although it was not my birthday or anything, my mum saw how excited I was and decided to spend £10 (a fortune back then) to buy me mid-grade copies of Journey Into Mystery #88, #96 and #100. With this purchase, I now own CGC 9.4 copies of all three of my all-time childhood gems. cloud9.gif

663177-jim88frontcgc94.jpg

663177-jim88frontcgc94.jpg.794551ab596dc3f1d044d7143087c485.jpg

Since we are on the Journey Into Mystery theme, here is a book I recently purchased in a nice trade/cash deal.

One of my fondest childhood memories was my mum taking me shopping to the West End of London when I was 10 or 11 years old. I dragged her into a comic shop called Comic Showcase, in it's original Covent Garden location, and spent ages staring at the amazing books they had on the wall. Although it was not my birthday or anything, my mum saw how excited I was and decided to spend £10 (a fortune back then) to buy me mid-grade copies of Journey Into Mystery #88, #96 and #100. With this purchase, I now own CGC 9.4 copies of all three of my all-time childhood gems. cloud9.gif

663177-jim88frontcgc94.jpg

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Sweet Book & nice story! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Three cheers for your mum! acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

flowerred.gifthumbsup2.gif

I'm sure she didn't realize her purchase would be helping to create a bouyant CGC'd J.I.M. market over two decades later. 893applaud-thumb.gif

p.s. Kudos to Colmoreman for being a great guy to deal with, and for bending over backwards to make this deal happen. thumbsup2.gif

dude, you DONT have to apologize for that book 893whatthe.gif Those Fox books are tough in grade....

I would take that over a bronze 9.8 anyday!

This really wasn't a book I was looking for but I couldn't resist:

Yes, Low Grade for a Pedigree book but:

1) From early 1941

2) Highest Graded Copy

3) Less than $400

4) From the Pennsylvania Pedigree (at least no one can say this isn't a TRUE pedigree) acclaim.gif

662267-Samson%232.jpg

Edited by Reddog4063

A true beauty (and the story shows why us grown men still buy these books).

I'm a huge fan of the Northland pedigree and that books another example why.

thumbsup2.gif

That is indeed a very sharp book. The more I see of the Northlands, the more impressed I become by their great preservation and eye appeal. I owned a 9.4 copy of JIM 88 too at one point, but it had some tanning on the front cover that really ruined its eye appeal, even though structurally it was very solid.