• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very good stuff.

Keep them coming (I haven't bought a new pedigree book in a month ).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the withdrawal as painful as I imagine?

I'm only surviving because I can look at the other 100 or so pedigree books that I have. tongue.gif

Actually, I might have lied as I did buy two pedigree books in late November ,but it seems like a really looooong time.

Just got this in the mail as part of a trade/cash deal with FFB. It's a killer copy.

674202-ASM86.JPG.92efc178062231aca65cf650fdd069f4.JPG

The late Silver Age Western PA books seem to have brilliant colors, and that one looks like no exception, COI.

Here is another PC JIM, courtesy of Brent (Quality thumbsup2.gif). It wasn't cheap, but fills in a mini-run of 5 consecutive PC copies. I think between Beltan (r100) and me, we've got a fair amount of coverage of the PC Thor JIMs.

As per usual, this PC book has a noticeable transfer stain and some loss of cover whiteness, but has great registration and structure:

674242-JIM116.jpg

674242-JIM116.jpg.fe5279d7b4f4f130fc1a3c7670459636.jpg

Hi Bob - congrats on the purchase ! thumbsup2.gif

I appreciate the kudos, but although I have a lot of Pedigree J.I.M.s, I have only ever purchased two P.C.s (my #93 9.4, and the #89 9.6 which was sold to a major BSD).

What I can confirm is that most of the early P.C. J.I.M.s are still unslabbed, and many of these are owned by a U.K. collector who prefers to remain anonymous and is not one of the usual suspects. Judging by the attached P.C. J.I.M. list, there are some real beauties yet to come. 893applaud-thumb.gif

674634-PacificCoastJIMS.jpg

674634-PacificCoastJIMS.jpg.5347da181ca26dbda90c7c726bc5e917.jpg

Hi Bob - congrats on the purchase ! thumbsup2.gif

I appreciate the kudos, but although I have a lot of Pedigree J.I.M.s, I have only ever purchased two P.C.s (my #93 9.4, and the #89 9.6 which was sold to a major BSD).

What I can confirm is that most of the early P.C. J.I.M.s are still unslabbed, and many of these are owned by a U.K. collector who prefers to remain anonymous and is not one of the usual suspects. Judging by the attached P.C. J.I.M. list, there are some real beauties yet to come. 893applaud-thumb.gif

674634-PacificCoastJIMS.jpg

Thanks for the info, Beltan. I can certainly respect the wishes of someone to keep their books unslabbed, and also to remain anonymous from the hungry hoards of high grade JIM collectors. That list you posted came from me, so I recall all too well the singular opportunity afforded by the first OO/PC listings. I actually paid 10% less than those list prices (!) for the PC 90,115,117-119, and 122, and also the Thor 134 (my best "deal", next to my Bronze collection purchased off the rack). At the same time, I passed up the chance to buy all those other tremendous books on the list at those now-ridiculous prices. frustrated.gif

I wonder where the Curator and Western PA JIMs are hiding?

so whats higher? NM++ or NM/M?? that list of grades for those books makes my head spin! Was the 83 missing?

The PC JIMs apparently did not include copies of 83,85, or 86. The PCEI grading system ranks, as increasing grades: NM, NM+,NM++,NM/M. Here is how some of the books were graded by CGC:

90 VF+ = CGC 7.0 (They absolutely hammered it for pre-Marvel chipping)

115 NM++ = CGC 9.4

116 NM++ = CGC 9.4

117 NM++ = CGC 9.4

118 NM = CGC 8.5 (Another hammer job, this one for a very small spine scuff)

119 NM++ = CGC 9.2

122 NM/M = CGC 9.6

124 NM++ = CGC 9.4

127 NM+ = CGC 9.2

and from Beltan:

89 NM++ = CGC 9.6

93 NM++ = CGC 9.4

Not too shabby, eh?

Hi Bob

I was pretty sure it was you that posted all those original P.C. lists. One of the most interesting threads ever listed on these boards ! thumbsup2.gif

In addition we can also add:

J.I.M.

#84 NM = CGC 9.0

p.s. My #93 9.4 is one of the strictest graded books I own. It's sharper than the #89 9.6 which had a single color-breaking stress line and slight pre-marvel chipping. (still the nicest copy in existance by some way though !!!).

so whats higher? NM++ or NM/M?? that list of grades for those books makes my head spin! Was the 83 missing?

The PC JIMs apparently did not include copies of 83,85, or 86. The PCEI grading system ranks, as increasing grades: NM, NM+,NM++,NM/M. Here is how some of the books were graded by CGC:

90 VF+ = CGC 7.0 (They absolutely hammered it for pre-Marvel chipping)

115 NM++ = CGC 9.4

116 NM++ = CGC 9.4

117 NM++ = CGC 9.4

118 NM = CGC 8.5 (Another hammer job, this one for a very small spine scuff)

119 NM++ = CGC 9.2

122 NM/M = CGC 9.6

124 NM++ = CGC 9.4

127 NM+ = CGC 9.2

and from Beltan:

89 NM++ = CGC 9.6

93 NM++ = CGC 9.4

Not too shabby, eh?

thanx... and nope, not too shabby at all! I was depressed by the prices, too. Where's my time machine????