• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

Finally got a high grade DD #12, and it's a Northland. It was a CGC 9.2, but the seller cracked it out of its holder for some reason, so I got it for MUCH, MUCH less than he originally paid. yay.gif

DD12.jpg

Finally got a high grade DD #12, and it's a Northland. It was a CGC 9.2, but the seller cracked it out of its holder for some reason, so I got it for MUCH, MUCH less than he originally paid. yay.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif Did he provide you with the original label, or at least some back-up documentation on the pedigree so you can get the pedigree status if you resubmit to CGC?

Yep. He's providing the label AND offering a money back guarantee if CGC fails to recognize the pedigree or the original 9.2 grade, should I resubmit. I'm most likely keeping it ungraded though.

Problem is, if I return the label, I'll lose my only record of the book's pedigree. And I might want to resubmit eventually , as I may upgrade one day.

Egads, this thread was ousted to the 3rd page. Here to bumping it up to the front.

Recent Ebay win: asm59.jpg

Wish I had the cash left after winning the other to go after this one! Inexpensive Green River books only come along so often. Grats =)

thumbsup2.gif Hope you'll return the label so they can remove the copy from the census, though.

Why remove it from the census? The book still exists, right?

They still exist, in that I don't think the owner shreds the book. smirk.gif

It's just that if a book is removed from the slab, no one tells CGC, and then the book is resubmitted and reslabbed without telling CGC that it was previously slabbed, then there will be doublecounting in the census. What COI's doing is fine, because if he does resub at some point, he'll provide the old label, so that CGC can drop the old book from the census at the same time they add the new book.