• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

It's amazing Kirby is considered in such high regard when he put out covers like that Thor #168. Yuck. crazy.gif

I happen to think that's a great cover. sumo.gif

Yeah, but your English. poke2.gifscrewy.gif

His English what? confused.gif

My Little Pony. foreheadslap.gif

news.gif HIJACKING IN PROGRESS - All thats left to make it official is Graemlins from Gre...

screwy.gif

Nah, he's right....back to the business at hand - more recently acquired pedigrees.

It's amazing Kirby is considered in such high regard when he put out covers like that Thor #168. Yuck. crazy.gif

news.gif HIJACKING IN PROGRESS - All thats left to make it official is Graemlins from Gre...

screwy.gif

Nah, he's right....back to the business at hand - more recently acquired pedigrees.

I've changed for the better! angel.gif

screwy.gif

sleeping.gif

screwy.gif

Yeah I sort of noticed that recently 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This book is simply stunning in-hand.

Unfortunate date placement though.

741095-SUB13.JPG

Apologize for the simplistic question, but... How are raw pedigree books identified ? It has to be more than just characteristics, right ? (like dates and such). If I send in a raw Pacific Coast book to CGC how do they know it really is one ? Doesn't seem like a loose accompanying COA would be very persuasive, so what am I missing.

screwy.gif

Yeah I sort of noticed that recently 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Only written words from me from now on along with a slight mixture of appropriate graemlins! 893censored-thumb.gif

I don't know about you guys but I sure am taking notes for the next grading contest Nikos will be hosting. ... so where was I? Oh yes that's one Hulk 112 in 9.4 . There, it's on the list grin.gif

I don't know about you guys but I sure am taking notes for the next grading contest Nikos will be hosting. ... so where was I? Oh yes that's one Hulk 112 in 9.4 . There, it's on the list grin.gif

I have another one slabbed also gossip.gif

Apologize for the simplistic question, but... How are raw pedigree books identified ? It has to be more than just characteristics, right ? (like dates and such). If I send in a raw Pacific Coast book to CGC how do they know it really is one ? Doesn't seem like a loose accompanying COA would be very persuasive, so what am I missing.

I probably won't slab many of my raw books, but the COA and a verifyable track of ownership back to the original owner is what I required before I grabbed any Ohios and I'm guessing its what CGC needs as well. I asked Haspel what info he had so I could attempt to verify the Ohios were what they were represented as. Everything matched up perfectly.

whats cool about this thread is that CGC was supposed mean th eend of Pedigree status bevcause it would elevate the grade over provenance. It made sense finally that a no-name 9.6 would sell for more than a Pedigree 9.4. But, as wee see, Pedigrees are as strong as ever, if not stronger in their appeal to us collectors.

interesting turn of events!

Nikos, you've contracted a severe case of pedigree fever! Seriously, those are some great books, and I congratulate you for outbidding me on that gorgeous Oakland Thor - it's a tough one to find with nice eye appeal given that white cover. thumbsup2.gif

You the man Nikos (and I understand the wife thing) tongue.gif.

I guess I'm going to have to whip out some of my recents purchases (just a bunch of BA stuff).

I actually got my first Winnipeg about 2 weeks ago (OK, it was actually 17, with more on the way, but who's counting). grin.gif

I cant stop myself, my wife is going to kill me foreheadslap.gif

heres a few more that are coming in the mail

RS-1-94(A).jpg

I bought a raw 9.4 Manitoba of that book from Doug Sulipa for some ridiculous price like five bucks or something. Came back CGC 9.6 White! acclaim.gif

bought a raw 9.4 Manitoba of that book from Doug Sulipa for some ridiculous price like five bucks or something. Came back CGC 9.6 White!

While it seems that you are kind of "rubbing it in" Scott, you actually make a very good point which is:

If there are any BA books out there, that it's quite possible to still find bulk loads of HG ungraded copies, it would probably be #1 ISSUES.

Not only did publishers know to print more copies of the First Issue, but collectors knew to buy multiple copies. I really think it's much harder to find HG copies in the middle of a run then the First Issue.