• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

I managed to secure this after a lengthy payment plan on my part. Big kudos going out to Bill Hughes, at vintagecollectables. A truely great guy to deal with, full marks!

dooh, actually this is the old cgc label before the new label designation.

Wow what a pickup. Now you need to get one of his 9.8's for issue #4. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Speaking with Bill, he sold the other Boston #1 9.8, and the PC #4 9.8 to one private collector who came to the con and bought them on the spot. So that was a $22,200 trip to the con for that guy, minimum! foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

I wonder how many times I can show this? This is on its way to me from Arex and it is my first pedigree book. I have had 2 Don Rosa books but those were from a collection not a pedigree.

As far as I know, Don Rosa is a pedigree. =) Though, I'm not sure the definitive opinion has been set down on that.

Don Rosa is considered a collection.

I wonder how many times I can show this? This is on its way to me from Arex and it is my first pedigree book. I have had 2 Don Rosa books but those were from a collection not a pedigree.

As far as I know, Don Rosa is a pedigree. =) Though, I'm not sure the definitive opinion has been set down on that.

o? Way to end that arguement, thanks!

gossip.gif Its a pedigree.

No, its a pedigree. It is called the DR Collection, as that is its name, but it has is a ped recognized by cgc.

No, its a pedigree. It is called the DR Collection, as that is its name, but it has is a ped recognized by cgc.

Don't see how the Don Rosa can be considered a pedigree, since many (most?) of the books from before 1966 were purchased secondhand. I mean, Calvin Slobodian trims like two books and buys like three more secondhand, and his complete run of ultrahigh grade books from 1961 on (including perhaps the finest run of pre-1963 Fantastic Fours) gets nary a mention by CGC. foreheadslap.gif

Don't see how the Don Rosa can be considered a pedigree, since many (most?) of the books from before 1966 were purchased secondhand. I mean, Calvin Slobodian trims like two books and buys like three more secondhand, and his complete run of ultrahigh grade books from 1961 on (including perhaps the finest run of pre-1963 Fantastic Fours) gets nary a mention by CGC. foreheadslap.gif

Check your new CGC e-mail newsletter. And of course Matt Nelson is in on the fun.

Check your new CGC e-mail newsletter. And of course Matt Nelson is in on the fun.

Heh, I deleted it without even opening it (sorry CGC!). I can guess that with Matt being involved in selling some of the DR books, he must be pushing it as an authentic pedigree.

Doesn't bother me, except that the couple of Slobodian gems I own (and I wish I had many, many more) are deserving of greater stature than they get by being tossed into the "generics" pile by CGC. From what I've seen, the Cleveland and Golden State also are far more significant original owner collections than the Don Rosa.