• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collectorspal

7 posts in this topic

In that he likely has the books that he's selling? Yes, he's legit.

Personally I wouldn't give him a dime. He's made false/misleading statements about restored books in his auctions. Here are some favorites from last year:

"This book is a restored grade comic although it is only listed as slight restoration with the cgc notes reading 'very small amount of color touch on cover.' I can't find this small amount the book looks perfect and I can only imagine that 30 some odd years ago someone was looking at this book and a marker was in there hand and hit this book, there would be no need for work to be done it is beautiful. "

"The only CGC note is that it has been trimmed on the bottom edge and they do not even give it a Slight Moderate or Extensive classification ( I believe they don't because this really isn't restoration). Where else will you find a 9.6 that has not had any work except been trimmed. I believe this is a perfect unread copy that was probably cut wrong by the manufacturer not by someone trying to improve its appearance. "

No offense, but what wrong with hyping up the book?

How many auctions say this book is a good resubmit candidate (i.e. undergraded)?

Lots!

Maybe he really believes that the book isn't restored. As long as he sells it in the Purple Label case, then he's allowing everyone to see CGC opinion (which is probably correct). But he wants to give his opinion also.

Just the way I see it.

No offense, but what wrong with hyping up the book?

How many auctions say this book is a good resubmit candidate (i.e. undergraded)?

Lots!

Maybe he really believes that the book isn't restored. As long as he sells it in the Purple Label case, then he's allowing everyone to see CGC opinion (which is probably correct). But he wants to give his opinion also.

Just the way I see it.

To me, the excuses he uses strain credibility far beyond the breaking point. Do you really believe that the line about someone just happening to hit the book with a marker and that was why it came back PLOD was used because he really believed such a ridiculous idea?

It doesn't matter if I believe it or not. It's his opinion.

I don't have to take it into consideration if I don't want to.

Let me put it this way. I think anyone who sells books on eBay with small, cropped scans (which are most sellers) are misleading the buyer. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

At least in his auctions, I have all the facts (i.e. CGC says it's Restored).

It doesn't matter if I believe it or not. It's his opinion.

I don't have to take it into consideration if I don't want to.

Let me put it this way. I think anyone who sells books on eBay with small, cropped scans (which are most sellers) are misleading the buyer. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

At least in his auctions, I have all the facts (i.e. CGC says it's Restored).

If that's the way you see it then fair enough. It was just part of a pattern with him that bothered me. He would publish those ridiculous OS restored "valuations" in his auctions (sometimes even starting with HG CGC prices when doing his math), come up with some outlandish excuse for every purple label (and he sold a LOT of purple labels,) etc. etc. etc. Every auction was full of the worst kind of used car [!@#%^&^].

Oh, and he did some keyword spamming too...