• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alamo City Comic Con

191 posts in this topic

Okay guys talked to Apple, and convinced him to let CGC forum members know only for now that the following artists are confirmed:

Angel Medina

Ebas

Brooks

and some big named guy from DC

other will be announced as follows

including others I will invite

Canaan White

Ace Continuado

Thony Silas?

Jimbo Salgado

Considering I know two of those in the first list on a personal basis I haven't heard anything from them concerning coming to SA.

Oh well... (shrug)

Buffyfan you had sent me an email and no idea why that pdf file acted like that, but i can say that it only happened to you. Unless others are not telling me.

BF, did they ever send you a fixed PDF?

Okay guys talked to Apple, and convinced him to let CGC forum members know only for now that the following artists are confirmed:

Angel Medina

Ebas

Brooks

and some big named guy from DC

other will be announced as follows

including others I will invite

Canaan White

Ace Continuado

Thony Silas?

Jimbo Salgado

Considering I know two of those in the first list on a personal basis I haven't heard anything from them concerning coming to SA.

Oh well... (shrug)

Buffyfan you had sent me an email and no idea why that pdf file acted like that, but i can say that it only happened to you. Unless others are not telling me.

BF, did they ever send you a fixed PDF?

I haven't heard back from him since he's posted here.

I am not sitting back and just waiting for people and companies to contact me, you can ask every convention goer and anyone artist who attended c2e2. We were there inviting and locking in artist.

i know if i can build it they will come........so i am building it.

If you don't mind, as I am curious, who is the "we" that were at c2e2 talking to artist?

(shrug)

Okay had lunch today with Apple, he is busy, swamped is more like it and apologizes for any missed emails. Major companies are coming to ACCC, getting more artists, as I have sent invites as well. Thony Silas is interested sent all info to him , it would be his first show in the US. As also some of my artists are landing coveted comic work and will be here also. I am also planning to do shirts for sponsors for the show on Ring of Fire Art Studios behalf, have a CGC meet up which I would like to do. If anyone has any questions PM me and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Well I am working with Apple, to get the most for you money, also the venue is top notch. Tickets may seem pricey but we have alot planned, I do too for CGC forum members, I will post an official meet up, if anyone needs rides from airport to Hotels near convention let me know, I will be picking up all my artists as well. Also I will do a VIP for forum members so they can meet my artists and chat with them, maybe a dinner with everyone. More to be announce soon and the list is growing daily. This is your chance to come out and support having a major convention in the area. Marvel and DC are looking at us as what we can do the first year, and many others as well. Apple De La Fuente is a part of Sdcc and relations with many comic companies, he knows what kind of show we want to present to fans and comic lovers. If you want to participate on a dealer lever, we are looking for comic book dealers other that the local ones. I am doing my best to spread the word, I want to make your trip worthwhile and to have a good time! I will have an updated artists list as well, and I try and do a pre sketch opps for my group as well. if any one wants to have commissions done and want to pick up at show non-cgc let me know.

List:

Thony Silas

Emil Cabaltierra

Jimbo Salgado

Raymund Bermudez

Mannix Francisco

Nestor Celario

Harvey Talibao

Noel Rodriguez

Ace Continuado

I will also be at other conventions will update locations soon.

Plan to be at Wizard Nashville Oct 18-20 if anyone that has ordered CGC sketch opps from me I can take and deliver at show.

I will do a CGC forum Alamo City Comic Con ticket code to receive discounts on tickets purchased online. In case some of your who are not familiar with location or venue of which this is being held here are a few pics. sanantonio1.jpgHenry-B-Gozalez-Convention-Center-2012-08-28.jpg2265541448_ab38e758eb_z.jpg?zz=1Gonzalez11.jpg , located on the riverwalk and within walking distance of hotels and restraunts.

Paolo Pantalena will be at Alamo City Comic Con. Ajl007 and I will be having sketch opps for CGC SS. any questions about that shoot one of us a PM.

the line up for Artist

http://www.alamocitycomiccon.com/artist-blvd-alley/

Celeb line up

http://www.alamocitycomiccon.com/celebrities/

link to the Signature Room

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7009346#Post7009346

I'm really looking forward to the con.

I'm surprised by how many actors from TWD are coming to San Antonio, and am REALLY excited about Danny Trejo being there. Missed Adam West as his line was too long in Austin, and Mortal Kombat was a personal favorite as a kid, so Robin Shou is going to be awesome to see.

Artist blvd is also rounding out nicely.