• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alamo City Comic Con

191 posts in this topic

At least Wizard doesnt lie like some cons...

Still trying to figure out this lying thing. What are we talking about? Announcing someone will be there and then they aren't. Every Con does that. Hell Wizard World Austin was suppose to have Sayger coming to it and I was out trying to make sure I would get a sketch by him with one of his regular facilitators and then..poof. Gone. No mention of cancellation, no reason why, just dropped. Kitson was suppose to be their as well and he had been on there until last week even though I was still trying to figure out where I could go for a pre-con sketching. Now he has a deadline issue and can't make it. So what do I do? I suck it up, drink water, and get over it. EVERY Con gets drop's all the way up to opening door. Hell if they drop Stan like so many have been mentioning it'll make me want to break some *spoon* seeing as I dropped $500 on that ticket and culd have easily spent less for an Adams ticket and walked away with a sketching from him. But still yet, i'll get over it.

Every Con shoots for someone and announces they are going for them many times before they are confirmed. In this digital age of them putting on a status on facebook of trying to obtain someone the information lives on for ever even if it eventually falls through. Then there are agents who are a little untruthful as well. "Sure so and so will do your Con." Con announces "We will have Bob Somebody yay!!!." Bob Somebody doesn't want to do it, and thats it. Con loses out on them but still gets hit with the why.

If your one of those still Butt hurt over the announcing of CGC showing up instead of DWC get over it. They're just as professional and just as good. Ever seen their legends tour or figure out why maybe they have almost sole rights to Stan and Todd???

And if your Butt hurt about on-site grading you really are new to this. CGC puts out a news letter. Read it and you'll know if they will have on-site grading or not.

Don't like the Con or what its putting out? Don't go. But not giving something a chance because you dropped a tear about a missed opportunity is petty as hell. They have an amazing line-up of artists and creators not to mention a great line-up of newer modern art for sketches. If your into Celebs well they have that too.

They're a Comic Con....finally Texas will start to have some. You want a Pop-Con go to Wizard World. You want a Con that isn't completely influenced in the all mighty dollar and doesn't charge $500 for a ticket then maybe you should support this. Personally after last years jump to this years prices if Wizard World goes any higher I'm giving them the finger and walking away.

Rant Over

They say they are working with AMC, i doubt that...they said they ghad a deal done with Englund, he was never supposed to be there as he was announced to be at Chicago since a long time ago.

Sorry but I already bought 3 VIPs for Wizard Austin (Campbell, Lee and Reedus), I love to throw my money at them because they are good and provide the best.

Celebs get the fans, you might not accept it but its the truth.

There are good and loyal cons here, we have Wizard and Dallas Comic Con, who bring the best to the state. And for the horror fans we have Texas frightmare.

Heck Alamo Coty said months ago that their lineup was hard to beat outside SDCC...that was freaking funny. But hey they have Rob Liefield, im sold.

Cant wait for Wizard World Austin and the top guest list they have.

By the way I AM going to ACCC, maybe its gonna be cool, its probably cool for SA since they dont have huge cons there, but it would be better if they dont call themselves the biggest con in Texas...because they are not the biggest one in Texas. DCC owns the state.

They say they are working with AMC, i doubt that...they said they ghad a deal done with Englund, he was never supposed to be there as he was announced to be at Chicago since a long time ago.

Sorry but I already bought 3 VIPs for Wizard Austin (Campbell, Lee and Reedus), I love to throw my money at them because they are good and provide the best.

There are good and loyal cons here, we have Wizard and Dallas Comic Con, who bring the best to the state. And for the horror fans we have Texas frightmare.

Heck Alamo Coty said months ago that their lineup was hard to beat outside SDCC...that was freaking funny. But hey they have Rob Liefield, im sold.

Jorge Ramos :facepalm:

Who's that?

Edit: I know it's the boardie, but what's the significance?

Who's that?

JorgeRR96 :baiting: aka Jorge Ramos :facepalm:

just to be clear. I have helped setup guests for this convention. Mr Englund's Agent did confirm that he be there, but then after many different words between us he realized that they had prior commitments and would not be able to make it to Alamo.

Now I am not a supporter of any Wizard World events because they are over priced on tickets and other things such as booths. ( much smaller in table space ) sure they have better lineups ( the price is why ) but then again they have been around longer then a newly listed show like Alamo.

I have said this before. this is Alamo's first year. So for a first year setup. yes there lineup is better then others. plus they have a hell of a setup. nothing here is cheap so they are going the next level. Again I wish them all the best this year and many years to come.

Who's that?

JorgeRR96 :baiting: aka Jorge Ramos :facepalm:

Ok, but neither he, nor I for that matter, know that name or any significance to it. Please explain, in a PM if needed.

Still trying to figure out this lying thing. What are we talking about? Announcing someone will be there and then they aren't. Every Con does that. Hell Wizard World Austin was suppose to have Sayger coming to it and I was out trying to make sure I would get a sketch by him with one of his regular facilitators and then..poof. Gone. No mention of cancellation, no reason why, just dropped. Kitson was suppose to be their as well and he had been on there until last week even though I was still trying to figure out where I could go for a pre-con sketching. Now he has a deadline issue and can't make it. So what do I do? I suck it up, drink water, and get over it. EVERY Con gets drop's all the way up to opening door. Hell if they drop Stan like so many have been mentioning it'll make me want to break some *spoon* seeing as I dropped $500 on that ticket and culd have easily spent less for an Adams ticket and walked away with a sketching from him. But still yet, i'll get over it.

Every Con shoots for someone and announces they are going for them many times before they are confirmed. In this digital age of them putting on a status on facebook of trying to obtain someone the information lives on for ever even if it eventually falls through. Then there are agents who are a little untruthful as well. "Sure so and so will do your Con." Con announces "We will have Bob Somebody yay!!!." Bob Somebody doesn't want to do it, and thats it. Con loses out on them but still gets hit with the why.

If your one of those still Butt hurt over the announcing of CGC showing up instead of DWC get over it. They're just as professional and just as good. Ever seen their legends tour or figure out why maybe they have almost sole rights to Stan and Todd???

And if your Butt hurt about on-site grading you really are new to this. CGC puts out a news letter. Read it and you'll know if they will have on-site grading or not.

Don't like the Con or what its putting out? Don't go. But not giving something a chance because you dropped a tear about a missed opportunity is petty as hell. They have an amazing line-up of artists and creators not to mention a great line-up of newer modern art for sketches. If your into Celebs well they have that too.

They're a Comic Con....finally Texas will start to have some. You want a Pop-Con go to Wizard World. You want a Con that isn't completely influenced in the all mighty dollar and doesn't charge $500 for a ticket then maybe you should support this. Personally after last years jump to this years prices if Wizard World goes any higher I'm giving them the finger and walking away.

Rant Over

I had to try THREE times to get someone this year... people cancel.

Yeah the Englund thing has already been covered, get over it, Dream about Freddy some other day. And I don't disagree with you on Campbell, Lee, and Reedus. If you have the money to blow three tickets like that (Almost $800) on the same show good for you. I hope each of those tickets are worth it and I hope you enjoy yourself. But at that price I could have purchased one of each of Alamo Cities VIP ticket's.

And yes, no one ever said Celeb's don't bring attention. I understand economics and understand where your multi-level talent is. They bring in fans for both comics and tv/movie goers. Again nothing against them and have gotten things signed by Norman before but if your gonna be a Comic Con and push yourself out there like it you may want to actually invest a little time and money into it. ECCC does it, Baltimore does it, NYCC does it. All are pretty successful and none have the WW banner attached.

And good and loyal Con's... Yes I'm a fan of Dallas Fan Days and Sci-fi Expo just honestly hate the venue. Its like pulling teeth to get DWC up to the third floor for Signatures. They have a decent turnout for both Celeb's and Artists. But no, if you look at the line-up for Alamo City as far as Comic Artists and Creators and actually take a second to compare them no Alamo City has the superior line-up. Even if you take your jab of Liefeld out, you still have Adams, Trimpe, Suydam,Texeira, Salgado, Tyndall, Rubenstein, Medina, Nguyen, Garza, Silas, Pantalena, and the list goes on. Dallas is no where close to that kind of line up and honestly neither is Wizard World Austin. But then again your into Celeb's. I got it they don't have the skinny ninja chick from Firefly and they don't have the big names showcased in Wizard World, but these aren't throw away actors. Would love to get Danny to sign a Machette by the way, and the list of Walking Dead cast members showcased here is still nothing short of amazing.

This isn't gonna beat SDCC but yeah looking at it from a comic perspective this is Texas's closest Con to an SDCC. No where close in actors but then again this isn't Cali, and this isn't a place where tickets on ebay or going for an exorbitant amount of money either. Personally if I wasn't half a world away I would support it and am even being helped by some amazing facilitators. I want this to succeed so when I am back in the States I can go to it next year.

Still trying to figure out this lying thing.

Go back and see my previous post where it was announced CGC will be "grading there". But now it's deleted from the social site with no explanitation. Must be on the up and up.

If your one of those still Butt hurt over the announcing of CGC showing up instead of DWC get over it.

Way over it. Because I knew it was BS. It was bad info to say the least. Any "collector" knew CGC would not be there. Maybe that info was to draw the nobbies in.

either way Desert Wind Comics will be there taking in order for CGC. I Will be there with a CGC witness. if anything we are there to represent CGC. So its not BS, because submission will happen. The info was not posted to draw, it was made to give those awareness.

either way Desert Wind Comics will be there taking in order for CGC. I Will be there with a CGC witness. if anything we are there to represent CGC. So its not BS, because submission will happen. The info was not posted to draw, it was made to give those awareness.

Thats cool.

cgcgradeok_zpsce93c88e.jpg

No worries if I wait for the official response on this? As well as the promised discount code for CGC bordies...........

(shrug)

course will see you there. now about discounts.... I know nothing of discounts. I don't even know if cgc has any. if they do? I know nothing of it.

Here the official post. anything more contact cgc. all the best !!!

http://www.alamocitycomiccon.com/2013/10/16/desert-wind-comics-coming-to-alamo-city-comic-con/

For those in town early Neal Adams will be signing at Heroes and Fantasies on Thurs at 4 P.M. I think first signed item is free and then he charges for any additional. I am looking for his most obscure work to see if he will chuckle when I show him. I am thinking Valeria the She Bat or something. Any suggestions?

For those in town early Neal Adams will be signing at Heroes and Fantasies on Thurs at 4 P.M. I think first signed item is free and then he charges for any additional. I am looking for his most obscure work to see if he will chuckle when I show him. I am thinking Valeria the She Bat or something. Any suggestions?

The Mark Steele giveaway or one of his early Archie books. He probably wouldn't even bat an eye over Valeria.