• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any love for the Valiant reboot?

634 posts in this topic

So thats why they keep publishing new titles...I would never have dreamed of not picking up a new book and continuing with the whole line in the 90s. Now I'm not even current on a single title and dont know if I'll catch back up or blow the back issues out on ebay and be done with it.

So thats why they keep publishing new titles...I would never have dreamed of not picking up a new book and continuing with the whole line in the 90s. Now I'm not even current on a single title and dont know if I'll catch back up or blow the back issues out on ebay and be done with it.

I would hardly say they are pushing new titles. They have a ton of characters to work with and some of us think we arent seeing some of them fast enough.

Just my .02

That's also not to mention that I think many of the Valiant fans stick to the Valiant fan forum.

I am also not worried about the July numbers. Q&W came out and did well and just about every other book I am reading [which is about 100 titles] experienced a loss in July

ValiantBooks201307.jpg

Interesting to see the two month drop for Harbinger and A&A. If I recall correctly, those two had the shortest runs of the original series as well. hm

I also am pleasantly surprised at the strength that Shadowman is showing.

While it is great for the company to see the monthly sales numbers tick up as new books are added, it does not appear that any of the books are really increasing in readership outside of maybe X-O. Hopefully this changes with Unity, but I really think they need to start evolving the characters soon or they risk losing whatever momentum they currently have.

Funny you mention Shadowman, it's had the least consistency out of any of the titles. I still enjoy it, but will be very interesting where it sits in 3-4 issues, with the 3rd writer in.

They are just following the Marvel approach for the past decade or so where #1s are golden so the more you put out the more you make. lol

Just kidding. The problem for Valiant now is that there is more competition for non-big 2 dollars now and as long as Image, BOOM, Oni, and others put out more appealing material the reader dollars will go there. In the early/mid 90s Valiant was the quality indie so everyone jumped on board. Now it is an entirely different market.

Which is why I am surprised. I dropped it early and am surprised that the sales are are still this high.

See what you're missing?

:baiting:

lol I still have a couple of the early variants and I hope it picks up again I can sell for a better price.

What a cover!

This January, see the Valiant Universe of 4001 A.D. for the very first time!

Valiant is proud to announce that New York Times best-selling writer Greg Pak (Batman/Superman) and rising star Diego Bernard (Shadowman, Witchblade) will be jump-starting the legendary future timeline of the Valiant Universe in Eternal Warrior #5! This January, discover an all-new vision of the year 4001 as the Eternal Warrior soldiers into “Eternal Emperor” – a brand new story arc revealing a transformed Gilad Anni-Padda fighting the forces of final extinction to protect a tattered remnant

EW_005_COVER_CRAIN.jpg

I passed on the Valiant books back on the 90's and didn't have too much interest in the relaunch but decided recently to read the first Harbinger and X-O TPB's

No idea about the characters or concepts so I was going in blind.

Absolutely loved both books. Great art, great writing and characters interesting enough to make me want to read beyond the first story arcs.

I'm now up to date on X-O, Harbinger and Bloodshot.

I can't believe it's taken me over 20 years to realise how good this stuff is.

I'm looking forward to getting on board the other books, especially Archer and Armstrong.

What a cover!

This January, see the Valiant Universe of 4001 A.D. for the very first time!

Valiant is proud to announce that New York Times best-selling writer Greg Pak (Batman/Superman) and rising star Diego Bernard (Shadowman, Witchblade) will be jump-starting the legendary future timeline of the Valiant Universe in Eternal Warrior #5! This January, discover an all-new vision of the year 4001 as the Eternal Warrior soldiers into “Eternal Emperor” – a brand new story arc revealing a transformed Gilad Anni-Padda fighting the forces of final extinction to protect a tattered remnant

EW_005_COVER_CRAIN.jpg

As much as I am not a huge fan of alt-cover books, the one for this issue is kinda nice, with its Rai homage:

EW_005_PULLBOX_BERNARD-600x923.jpg

-slym

I passed on the Valiant books back on the 90's and didn't have too much interest in the relaunch but decided recently to read the first Harbinger and X-O TPB's

Absolutely loved both books. Great art, great writing and characters interesting enough to make me want to read beyond the first story arcs.

I'm looking forward to getting on board the other books, especially Archer and Armstrong.

There's nothing this "valiantman" could say about Valiant that's better than what this (former) non-Valiant fan has said above.

:headbang:

There's nothing this "valiantman" could say about Valiant that's better than what this (former) non-Valiant fan has said above.

:headbang:

:applause:

The legion grows.

UNITY #1 Launches Big with 68,500 Copies

With two weeks to go until the first issue hits stores on November 13th, UNITY #1 is already making waves as one of the best-selling comic book launches of 2013!

As revealed at Comic Book Resources, Valiant has announced that UNITY #1 – the oversized, 40-page first issue of Valiant’s next landmark monthly series by Matt Kindt and Doug Braithwaite – will debut with initial orders of more than 68,500 copies, cementing its status as one of 2013′s highest selling new series debuts.

Whoa! That seems to be coming on strong when it comes to pre-sales.