• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any love for the Valiant reboot?

634 posts in this topic

UNITY #1 Launches Big with 68,500 Copies

With two weeks to go until the first issue hits stores on November 13th, UNITY #1 is already making waves as one of the best-selling comic book launches of 2013!

As revealed at Comic Book Resources, Valiant has announced that UNITY #1 – the oversized, 40-page first issue of Valiant’s next landmark monthly series by Matt Kindt and Doug Braithwaite – will debut with initial orders of more than 68,500 copies, cementing its status as one of 2013′s highest selling new series debuts.

Whoa! That seems to be coming on strong when it comes to pre-sales.

Aren't these returnable? Isn't that the reason for the gigantic pre-order number?

(shrug)

Would they publish that many knowing there is a potential for a large return?

Yes, they would apparently, because the book is fully returnable for those retailers that agreed to meet or exceed their order numbers for XO Manowar 1. Here's Greg's thread discussing the ordering and returnable nature of the regular Unity 1 issues.

http://valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41197&hilit=unity+returnable

Would they publish that many knowing there is a potential for a large return?

Yes, they would apparently, because the book is fully returnable for those retailers that agreed to meet or exceed their order numbers for XO Manowar 1. Here's Greg's thread discussing the ordering and returnable nature of the regular Unity 1 issues.

http://valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41197&hilit=unity+returnable

That's a heck of a bet Valiant is taking that there will not be returns. I need to go log in and see what the rest of the thread says.

Why would they tie returnability to the number of X-O #1s that you bought?

I still can't believe how people continue to shyt on Valiant. ONI and BOOM and others don't even catch this much venom. They are putting out some of the best comics month after month with no delays or time off. I guess some people just love to hate. Its also amazing that key books from the original Valiant universe still has a demand even after 20 years. I have also viewed them as the publisher who was uncensored and could do what Marvel and DC couldn't do. I will be collecting these titles for a long time to come. Marvel sees how Valiant markets their books and are trying some of the same things. I will NEVER go out on a limb and say they are a threat to Marvel but I would have no problem saying that pound for pound Valiant is in the running if not better than Marvel and DC for quality. FTW make mine Valiant!

I still can't believe how people continue to shyt on Valiant. ONI and BOOM and others don't even catch this mutch venom. They are putting out some of the best comics month after month with no delays or time off. I guess some people just love to hate. Its also amazing that key books from the original Valiant universe still has a demand even after 20 years. I have also viewed them as the publisher who was uncensored and could do what Marvel and DC couldn't do. I will be collecting these titles for a long time to come. Marvel sees how Valiant markets their books and are trying some of the same things. I will NEVER go out on a limb and say they are a threat to Marvel but I would have no problem saying that pound for pound Valiant is in the running if not better than Marvel and DC for quality. FTW make mine Valiant!

:applause:

I know you are speaking highly of most Valiant comics. I used to own Harbinger #1 with the coupon and Harbinger #0 the pink copy before it became hotter.

However, I didn't see anything hot ever since Harbinger #1. I know Bloodshot #0 Platinum and Pink (Gold) error variants are extremely rare and expensive. X-O Man #0 variant covers are notably selling well.

Any issues that start at #2 are not that well for selling but it is certainly easy to catch up with all ongoing issues at any titles under Valiant and it gets you to complete your collection quickly.

What are the most important Valiant issues? It started my attention.

I know you are speaking highly of most Valiant comics. I used to own Harbinger #1 with the coupon and Harbinger #0 the pink copy before it became hotter.

However, I didn't see anything hot ever since Harbinger #1. I know Bloodshot #0 Platinum and Pink (Gold) error variants are extremely rare and expensive. X-O Man #0 variant covers are notably selling well.

Any issues that start at #2 are not that well for selling but it is certainly easy to catch up with all ongoing issues at any titles under Valiant and it gets you to complete your collection quickly.

There are some later issues in a series that have collectible value.

- Eternal Warrior 4: 1st Bloodshot cameo

- Eternal Warrior 5: 2nd full Bloodshot appearance

- Rai 0: 1st full Bloodshot appearance

- Solar 3: 1st Harada

- Solar 10: 1st Eternal Warrior

- X-O Manowar 4: 1st cameo Jack Boniface

- X-O Manowar 19-25: 1st Armorines storyline

- Outcast 1: 1st appearance of The Outcast (sorry - just joking)

And there is so much more.

Most of those books can still be had for 50 cents to a dollar.

You are so right about that! (thumbs u

You are so right about that! (thumbs u

And ask the average Valiant fan how many copies they are hoarding. It is incredible the photos that get posted on the Valiantfans site. Yet they keep on buying.

So nobody said "super amazing, get-rich-quick, Walking Dead-level rich rich" when it came to these books. But they are books fanatics keep on grabbing.

UNITY #1 Launches Big with 68,500 Copies

With two weeks to go until the first issue hits stores on November 13th, UNITY #1 is already making waves as one of the best-selling comic book launches of 2013!

As revealed at Comic Book Resources, Valiant has announced that UNITY #1 – the oversized, 40-page first issue of Valiant’s next landmark monthly series by Matt Kindt and Doug Braithwaite – will debut with initial orders of more than 68,500 copies, cementing its status as one of 2013′s highest selling new series debuts.

Whoa! That seems to be coming on strong when it comes to pre-sales.

Aren't these returnable? Isn't that the reason for the gigantic pre-order number?

(shrug)

Is that for the regular issue only, of for all of the non-rare variants listed below as well? If it is only for the regular issue then that is great news. If not, what are the splits for the pull box, and 8 bit variants in that 68,500?

Art & Cover by DOUG BRAITHWAITE (SEP131344)

Pullbox Exclusive Variant by BRYAN HITCH (SEP131346)

Pullbox Exclusive Variant by J.G. JONES (SEP131345)

Pullbox Exclusive Variant by TRAVEL FOREMAN (SEP131349)

Pullbox Exclusive Variant by PAOLO RIVERA (SEP131347)

Pullbox Exclusive Variant by CLAYTON CRAIN (SEP131348)

Valiant 8-Bit Evolution Variant (order all) by DONOVAN SANTIAGO (SEP131350)

Blank Variant (order all) also available (SEP131351)

Team USA Luge Variant (order all) also available (SEP131352)