• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any love for the Valiant reboot?

634 posts in this topic

Speaking of one of them........ you should post some "group shots" here. (thumbs u

Ok, just happen to have a pic lying around....

Harblot.jpg

(worship)

Greg needs to post one now.

But I can't beat 36 copies of Harbinger #1! :sorry:

Speaking of one of them........ you should post some "group shots" here. (thumbs u

Harblot.jpg

(worship)

:boo:

Here's an idea...

Arrange 100 copies of Harbinger #24 (about $1 each) like Lobo1969's photo with a single copy of Harbinger #1 as the only one on the right where the whole cover is visible.

Harbinger 24

harbinger24sm.jpg

Harbinger 1

harbinger01sm.jpg

:whee:

(or just photoshop it) :grin:

Harblot.jpg

(worship)

:boo:

Here's an idea...

Arrange 100 copies of Harbinger #24 (about $1 each) like Lobo1969's photo with a single copy of Harbinger #1 as the only one on the right where the whole cover is visible.

Harbinger 24

harbinger24sm.jpg

Harbinger 1

harbinger01sm.jpg

:whee:

DO et! :grin:

By the way, did you see I finished my CGC 9.6 pre-unity collection after 8 years? :P At least I stayed the path. lol.

Yes, I saw it. I already offered to trade you some CGC 9.6 books for your CGC 9.8 that are ruining the purity of your collection.

:wishluck:

I'd say that most people haven't jumped on board yet because there's not an Image logo on the cover. lol

At some point people will realize that they're really missing out on the Valiant relaunch.

Almost a year into it, and all solid books so far... very, very good. :applause:

The $9.99 first trades of each title are really the best way to get caught up.

Maybe it will be like 1992 all over again and the first pre-harbinger war books will be the ones to own. ;)

Nope.

Books are failing.

I thought the new books would increase the value of Pre-unity.

Pretty much nothing.

Books are failing? By whos standard?

Numerous sellouts, new titles coming [means company is expanding], action figures coming, movies in the works, a good amount of press for a company only a year into publication [new material], and the Valiant team is very happy with their progress so far.

I read everything Valiant and Image put out. I read anything worthwhile from Marvel, DC, DH, and Oni. Valiant hands down has some of the best reads out right now. Anyone saying otherwise is either NOT reading, just plain hating, or isnt into the super hero stuff

I was referring to 1992 Pre-Unity Valiant.

I disagree with that statement. I've seen plenty of pre-unity Valiant books spike up in interest (and price) since the new Valiant stories have been distributed and were well received. But have they gone Image #1's nutz? No. This might be a turtle and hare race so don't count them out just yet.

What books have gone up?

X-O and Shadowman saw a little bit of a spike, but now they are back to normal. Nothing special.

They are all selling at GPA lows now.

I know because I have sold some in the last month.

If this reboot was gaining truly new readership then those new readers would usually have the interest in finding out all these characters 1st appearances and a decent amount would flood the market to buy them. If this was my first time reading Valiant books I can assure I would be trying to get these characters 1st appearance from 1992.

Not seeing it so far.

I know this thread is about the new comic themselves I am just kinda surprised the Pre-Unity back issues haven't done better in the back issue market because of the reboot. Some I have talked have said maybe the big reason is Valiant is actually not gaining new readership as much as we think. Two comic book stores owners in my local area said most of their Valiant sales are from old school 90's Valiant fans like me rather than newbies.

Only time will tell.

Harblot.jpg

(worship)

I think 50+ copies of Unity Red might top that...

:P

-slym

X-O and Shadowman saw a little bit of a spike, but now they are back to normal. Nothing special.

When an X-O Manowar 1 CGC 9.8 goes from $60 sales to $175-$200 sales like it did, I'd say that was a good trend up.

Unfortunately, many started posting their copies for sale and then the market took a tumble. But it goes to show over time key books like this could climb again as readership increases.

Sorry you may not be making a killing on Valiant, which then turned you off to the company.

Harblot.jpg

(worship)

I think 50+ copies of Unity Red might top that...

:P

-slym

;)

When an X-O Manowar 1 CGC 9.8 goes from $60 sales to $175-$200 sales like it did, I'd say that was a good trend up.

Unfortunately, many started posting their copies for sale and then the market took a tumble. But it goes to show over time key books like this could climb again as readership increases.

Sorry you may not be making a killing on Valiant, which then turned you off to the company.

Dude I am huge Valiant fan, just more so of the 90's.

I am probably going to incorporate the old Valiant Logo into my next tattoo. :ohnoez:

It's not about making a killing but more so I am annoyed these issues are still so cheap to buy. Pre-Unity IMO was groundbreaking new books and should be appreciated more than what the current back issue market is showing.

Can you imagine what would happen if Harbinger got a TV deal? :preach:

Look at WD #19. A $20 book then boom a steady $500+ in 9.8.

Craziness.....

Dude I am huge Valiant fan, just more so of the 90's.

I am probably going to incorporate the old Valiant Logo into my next tattoo. :ohnoez:

It's not about making a killing but more so I am annoyed these issues are still so cheap to buy. Pre-Unity IMO was groundbreaking new books and should be appreciated more than what the current back issue market is showing.

Can you imagine what would happen if Harbinger got a TV deal? :preach:

Look at WD #19. A $20 book then boom a steady $500+ in 9.8.

Craziness.....

Keep the faith, and watch where this ride goes. Like you, I'm a fellow nut over the early 90s Valiants because they were so different.

With some of the marketing difference they are trying to make (even sponsoring the Olympic US Luge team and adding its flavor to the outfit), I'm sure there is talk of TV and movie deals. They are just pacing themselves versus what happened to the old company that fell apart.

I'd rather they go slow and steady, and make this new universe have a readership stick factor.

I still like the outfit idea.

valiant-olympics2.jpg

OK, but what made this one a 'key???'

-slym

She is so impactful to the Walking Dead series, folks wanted this book like any key 1st appearance.

When I first read TWD, and I got to her appearance, I was so impressed I was going to purchase a few copies at $20 each. Big mistake waiting!