• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay seller fees raised to 10% starting April 16th

26 posts in this topic

By the way, those other methods of payments are merchant gateways. So it is interesting Ebay has to factor in the gateway method into describing a method of payment. It must have been legal that forced them to note this since payments can be so tricky with gateway interfaces.

As much as Ebay/PayPal have been pushing Bill Me Later, I'm surprised that isn't mentioned since they spent a few billion buying them as well. I guess they are considered a payment type within the PayPal family since it is deferred payment.

Wow! That was too hard searching for the acceptable payment method information.

So checks and money orders are allowed in certain transactions. I had never found this clearly outlined.

And I can accept whatever if items are picked up face-to-face, which means cash or trade (or chickens in certain states of the USA).

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html

136921.jpg.c02548e7a6eb86ec0ce2275bd0e5a0f9.jpg

Looks like eBay has grown up to become a thriving monopoly.Sounds like people are finally coming to the conclusion that I came to in 2007---use ComicLink or other third party resellers.

So ~15% for eBay or 10% for other venues. Not a hard decision for me. And ComicLink takes the risk.

Looks like eBay has grown up to become a thriving monopoly.Sounds like people are finally coming to the conclusion that I came to in 2007---use ComicLink or other third party resellers.

So ~15% for eBay or 10% for other venues. Not a hard decision for me. And ComicLink takes the risk.

Once they had a form of payment as a business division, they had the potential to own the entire transaction engagement between a seller and buyer other than providing the shipping. And with that, they encourage you going through PayPal to get the shipping discount as a seller.

Bill Me Later addressed for larger transactions that would usually end up in a layway if the ticket is high enough in a brick-and-mortar engagement. Just in there case, Chase underwrites the transaction risk and allows the buyer to take control of the goods immediately.

Fun times!