• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED - Thanks to all who browsed or bought!

52 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Been a while since I've been meaning to try some selling after my preferred tendency of buying, so for your viewing pleasure here I will submit what could be considered some minor key books (and I will stretch just how far we can define "minor", lol ...) with some affordable prices. Lots of first (or second, or third) appearances, etc. etc. If you want to check out my Kudos thread you'll find that below.

Rules:

1. No probies/HOSers/other miscreants

2. Paypal preferred

3. Shipping to U.S. will be $6 for 1-3 books via Priority envelope, though in the past I've upgraded shipping method to oversized bubble mailer if I'm not satisfied with level of protection I can get with the envelope... 4+ books will be Priority flat-rate box at $12.

4. I can also ship books from within Canada (from Montreal) at a rate calculated as per Canada Post. Presumably Quebec/Ontario will be cheaper than out west.

5. Please feel free to mock just how "key" certain of these books may be.

Thanks for checking out the thread! (thumbs u

Strange Tales No. 135 / GD/VG / SOLD

First Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Obviously a hot book right now. Solid copy structurally with main issue being weird wrinkling you see along spice on FC. There's a touch of moisture staining you can see along the "nge" in "Strange" on cover, but that doesn't transfer to the interior pages.

strangetales135.jpg

Strange Tales No. 135 / GD/VG / $32

First Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Obviously a hot book right now. Solid copy structurally with main issue being weird wrinkling you see along spice on FC. There's a touch of moisture staining you can see along the "nge" in "Strange" on cover, but that doesn't transfer to the interior pages.

strangetales135.jpg

Fine ill take it!

Wonder Woman No. 1 / NM-

Wonder Woman No. 2 / VF/NM

$10 for both

Both books may be technically higher grade but I would always prefer to err on the side of caution when assigning 9.0s or above. Great work by the brilliant George Perez!

wonderwoman1w.jpg

wonderwoman2.jpg

Tales of Suspense No. 47 / VG- / $48

First appearance of the Mysterious Melter! Come on people, he was barely edged out by the Mandarin as the villain in IM3. Solid book structurally with main issue being chipping you see on right edge and some slight foxing.

tos47.jpg

Tales of Suspense No. 53 / VG+ / $48

Second appearance of the Black Widow and another pretty hot book these days. Pretty copy; top staple has separated from back cover yet remains firmly attached to front cover.

tos53.jpg

Tales of Suspense No. 56 / VG- / $22

First appearance of the Uncanny Unicorn! Only slightly less significant than the Uncanny X-Men and the second runner-up behind the Melter to the Mandarin as the villain in IM3.

tos56.jpg

Metamorpho No. 1 / VG+

Metamorpho No. 2 / VG

Metamorpho No. 3 / VG

Lot of 3 books for $28

Third, fourth, and fifth appearances of one of my favorite underrated superheroes! And I say that without irony - I loved Ramona Fradon's work on this title. This is a nice little lot undone somewhat by some slight moisture staining on the front and back covers of No. 1 and No. 2 that transfers a bit onto the first couple of wraps. Nothing too off-putting and the grade reflects the staining - structurally, 1 is closer to a F/VF and 2 a F-.

metamorpho1.jpg

metamorpho2.jpg

metamorpho3.jpg

Strange Tales No. 135 / GD/VG / $32

strangetales135.jpg

Fine ill take it!

^^ Cheers!

Fantastic Four No. 35 / VG- / $28

First appearance of Dragon Man! Great story and art from Lee and Kirby about the FF heading to a college campus and encountering all kinds of shenanigans. Classic '60s! :cloud9:

fantasticfour35.jpg

ROM No. 1 / VF+

ROM No. 2 / VF-

Lot of 2 books for $14

First and second appearances of Marvel's most notable metallic hero after the Silver Surfer! Classic childhood memories of these books for me.

rom1w.jpg

rom2x.jpg

Iron Fist No. 15 / FN+ / $14

Last issue in what was an underrated, short-lived series. The guy with the coolest chest tattoo after Brock Lesnar takes on the X-Men! Fantastic art from Byrne and a great story in this one.

ironfist15.jpg