• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for All-American Men Of War #90 Scan for Documentary

7 posts in this topic

Hey All,

I am new here, but was recently warmly welcomed with a great scan of Millie the Model #94 (Thanks 143ksk!).

I am a producer on a three-part documentary for PBS about the history of superheroes, and one of my jobs is to track down high resolution images for anything that appears in our show.

I have had so much trouble finding All-American Men of War #90. This issue was the inspiration for Roy Lichtenstein's artwork "As I Opened Fire", and we need a 600 DPI or better scan of the page that inspired the work.

I'm not sure the exact page number, but have attached a low res photo of the page here. If anyone has this issue and could scan the page for me at high resolution it would be much appreciated!

-Joe

fuliyBf.jpg?1

Fixed!

Hey All,

I am new here, but was recently warmly welcomed with a great scan of Millie the Model #94 (Thanks 143ksk!).

I am a producer on a three-part documentary for PBS about the history of superheroes, and one of my jobs is to track down high resolution images for anything that appears in our show.

I have had so much trouble finding All-American Men of War #90. This issue was the inspiration for Roy Lichtenstein's artwork "As I Opened Fire", and we need a 600 DPI or better scan of the page that inspired the work.

I'm not sure the exact page number, but have attached a low res photo of the page here. If anyone has this issue and could scan the page for me at high resolution it would be much appreciated!

-Joe

fuliyBf.jpg

Hi Joe,

I searched my comics, and though most comics in my collection are in mylar, my copy of AAMOW 90 is inside of a CGC slab (curses!!!!). I'd totally help you otherwise. I recommend that you visit the war comics forum with your request. Here's the link:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1225701&fpart=789

Maybe one of those folks can help you with a scan.

Mick