• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars Darkhorse Comics Question

8 posts in this topic

I know the recent #1 did well with the cool cover and there was that other one last year that popped (jedi something or other that had a second and third print), but are any of the other gadjillions of Star Wars dark horse comics that came out in the last 20 years worth picking up out of the bargain box that are worth some cabbage? Any minis that do well? One of my shops just got in a ton of these, but I am just not familiar with them. They look cool, but there are limits to how much stuff i can buy just for that reason and they're a little hit or miss in terms of condition.

Thanks

I'm a Star Wars fan and have a lot of the Dark Horse stuff. There isn't really much that goes for over cover. I've been picking up Heir to the Empire when i find it because I think there might be ties to the new movies. Sergio Aragones Stomps Star Wars is one to look for.

Off the top of my head:

-Start hoarding Dark Empire mini, it could a long term hit (next 5 years). The Gold and Platinum variants are always worth picking up

- Empire's End two issue mini could be another sleeper. Harder to find and used to be $10+ per issue on eBay

- Purge one shot (2005) Vader vs many Jedi in kick fight right after Episode III. Make sure its the original because there have a few more recent one shots with PURGE in the title

- Tag and Blink are Dead has a bit of a cult following and worth hoarding

- Star Wars Tales, particularly the photo cover issues, late issues, and issue #8 has a Vader vs Maul story that is always in high demand

- Star Wars Infinities (3 different 4 issue minis) rewrite the the original trilogy with different surprise endings. Really great reads that could be big sleepers if people knew what was inside the pages!

Star Wars Infinities is a really great read in general :) I am glad the new starwars comic is doing so well #3 also had a sweet cover though the text placement on it was awful