• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Game of Thrones

155 posts in this topic

Just finished watching seasons 1, 2 and the first 2 of season 3. I love this show and Peter Dinklage just steals every scene he is in. Is the comic a good read? I will be going back and getting them I believe but just needed a little feedback.

I loved the scene with Dinklage and Charles Dance in the first episode of season 3. Tyrion was just toying with him the whole time. I'd say he earned that Emmy last year.

The comics are a strict adaptation of the novel, pretty much chapter for chapter. If you've read the books, you might like this. It has had problems coming out on time though. It's at issue 13, about halfway through the first book.

I think it's supposed to run 24 issues then they start with ACoK. I have most of them...I'd love to see Sean Bean appear at a con one of these days.

Just finished watching seasons 1, 2 and the first 2 of season 3. I love this show and Peter Dinklage just steals every scene he is in. Is the comic a good read? I will be going back and getting them I believe but just needed a little feedback.

If you havent read the books yet, i hightly recommend them

You'd be much better off reading the books vs. the comics. The only bad part about the books is waiting (years) for the next one to come out.

I will read the books ASAP............Now with World Con(George R.R. Martin is a guest) being in S.A. this year and Dragoncon being the same weekend a tough choice is going to have to be made.

Last nights episode ending was pretty awesome! :o

I must agree with that. It certainly mad up for the previous 2 episodes.

Really I thought this was the slowest episode till the end.

The first two episodes were business as usual for me. Great. (shrug)

Last nights episode ending was pretty awesome! :o

I must agree with that. It certainly mad up for the previous 2 episodes.

Really I thought this was the slowest episode till the end.

The first two episodes were business as usual for me. Great. (shrug)

Here is a good article about the episode.

http://io9.com/was-this-the-rapiest-episode-of-game-of-thrones-472933893